Rheumatoid Arthritis

Equanimity

Hello gang :)

Now as I'm getting more experienced as a grower, I'd like to begin cultivating something a little more useful than "what gets me smashed" since I already know how to do that.

I have a friend who suffers from rheumatoid arthritis; she's a former toker but no longer has a lick of tolerance to either potency or flavour; my Lemon Kush went down like a turd in a hotel pool and did little for her pain even though i (stupidly, now that i look back) said it should.

What I'm hunting for is a strain with the lowest possible thc content and yet has the highest canabidiol.
So, I'm guessing a sativa domme right?

Also, UK availability would be joyous.

Had a look around, bookmarked a few candidates but what I'm after is something you guys here on 420 have used and would put your name on.

I would most definitely recommend Medicann's Blue Blood strain. This strain is listed as having a 15%-20% THC and 10% CBD level. However, leaves of a vegging Blue Blood packs enough CBD to make a powerful CBD infused cannabutter. At 4 tablespoons per a cookie dough batch of 44-48 cookies:

...One 2.5 inch cookie gives me a mild euphoria 15-20 minutes later.
...2-3 cookies alleviates my neural spasms and body pain while also giving me the munchies.
...4 cookies is total couch lock euphoria and puts me to sleep for a good 12 hours.

Of course, mileage may vary.

I haven't had my CBD cannabutter measured at any laboratory because I can't afford lab testing. Also, transport over statelines is likely illegal in the United States. My CBD cannabutter was rendered from 2 ounces of lightly cured vegged Blue Blood leaves to 1 cup of coconut oil. Yes, I know this is not real butter, but coconut oil is a good healthy energy fat and can also be used on skin. People who suffer from Lupus tend to develop excessive skin plaques when exposed to too much sunlight as well as connective tissue swelling, debilitating pain and mind fog. I use this coconut CBD cannabutter both as a food additive and skin emollient.

I used take prescribed anti-inflammatory super aspirin Diflusinal/Dolobid and the Tylenol opioid Hydrocodone three times a day along with other prescribed medication to treat lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. While these medications helped alleviate the intense pain and tissue swelling of my auto immune condition, it also began to destroy my kidneys and liver. Needless to say, I was willing to try anything just to keep me out of a nursing home.

Blue Blood works for me, so I am sticking with this strain. Also, Blue Blood clones 100% for me using inexpensive rooting powder and Jiffy peat discs when the plant is about 10 days into flowering cycle. Blue Blood did not respond well to cloning in Jiffy peat, coco or hydro for me when it was in veg mode. Again, mileage will vary due to seasonal and environmental factors.

I got my feminized Blue Blood seeds from Herbie's Headshop. Herbie's is a 420 sponsor in the UK. I believe Herbie's shipping has a 1-3 work day turnaround for mainland UK orders which means you should get your shipment within 48-72 hours if you order early in the week. They are very helpful, courteous and expedient.

That's brilliant thanks, I'll just be giving it her in bud form though as I've absolutely no interest in edibles or their logistics lol

Herbies is decent, I've used them before, all sprouts all the time (no dead eggs)

Thanks for your reply :)

p.s. did not know that fan leaves could be useful for anything at all; today i learned :)

That's brilliant thanks, I'll just be giving it her in bud form though as I've absolutely no interest in edibles or their logistics lol

Herbies is decent, I've used them before, all sprouts all the time (no dead eggs)

Thanks for your reply :)

p.s. did not know that fan leaves could be useful for anything at all; today i learned :)

Honestly, I didn't know there would be much CBD in veg fan leaves either. I never had any need for cannabis medicine, so this was a first for me. I was desperate for pain and mind fog relief and couldn't wait till the plants matured. I'm also Asian/Polynesian and was brought up to not waste any part of medicinal plants by my grandparents. So I collected the veg clippings and dried them in paper sandwich bags for 5 days then tossed the leaves in a glass jar to cure for 10 days before cooking the leaves to release whatever CBDs the leaves may contain.

I was pleasantly prized that my first stab at making CBD coconut cannabutter went so well. :high-five:

However, as a budding medical grower, you could collect the leaves as I did for your medical patients to make CBD infused oils and butters. Those leaf clippings contain valuable CBD medicine even in veg mode. The veg clippings just don't contain much, if any, THC. So for patients that have connective tissue disorders, auto immune disorders, gastrointestinal disorders, seizures, and PTSD, the CBD in properly cured and cooked leaves already works wonders. When the cannabis mature 6-8 weeks later, the THC becomes icing on the cake.

Back
Top Bottom