Rock Hard Buds

SSunshine

420 Member
I just cropped my outdoor auto flowers. What a trimming nightmare. My buds are great but too fluffy and I don't have the patience to go through and carve out each individual bud. I think I'm going to just grind up the whole plants and make bubble hash. Not sure if I'm going to grow outside anymore. That being said, on the indoor grow side of things, I have 32 tops all at the same height ready to switch to flower. I've been vegging with Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. If I need to veg a little longer than usual I add a little Gia Green 444 to make it to the flowering stage. I supplement every 3rd watering with Botanicare Pure Blend Nutrient Tea which really improves the flavours. When I switch to flower I'm adding Gai Green Power Bloom every 2 weeks and continue to supplement with the Nutrient Tea until it's time to flush. I have a great lighting set up with my Mars Hydro. I guess the big question I have is what can I supplement with to encourage dense buds keeping in mind I try as hard as possible to keep things on the natural side.

Hey SSunshine,

Welcome to 420!

Backbuilding can help with bud density too if I’m not too far off course. Use the search bar here on 420 and type it in with out a space.... backbuilding.

Flushing is pretty much dead unless you are trying to clear chemical salt buildup out of soil. It’s really a hydro growers tool that spilled over the web and every growers adopted it until it became a thing....., of course later it was deemed bro science.

Go open up all of the bottled nutes and take a huge whiff of each or smell the combo of all the bat guanos and fishy ferts that have accumulated in your soil. There are some really funky scented inputs delivered to the roots and uptaken into the cell walls of your plant. Giving your soil a bath can wash out built up chemical salts from nutes but it can’t rinse out what was taken up into the biomass over the duration of the grow. It’s kinda funny almost.... So you soaked the rootball in chicken shit for 3 months and a hour of pouring water down the hatch is going to change all of that? Not possible.... The link below gives the science behind it. InTheShed No Flush Club

Strictly as an FYI..... when harvest comes I do one rough wet trim - hack off the fan leaves and their stems and anything crispy or ugly. I’m going to torch them or make oil etc so I don’t care what the buds look like. Now if I was entering a contest I might trim a handful of the best colas.

But hey - it’s your garden and you are the boss of it!

Anyway welcome aboard! Drop a journal down and stay for a while.

Cheers!

I just cropped my outdoor auto flowers. What a trimming nightmare. My buds are great but too fluffy and I don't have the patience to go through and carve out each individual bud. I think I'm going to just grind up the whole plants and make bubble hash. Not sure if I'm going to grow outside anymore. That being said, on the indoor grow side of things, I have 32 tops all at the same height ready to switch to flower. I've been vegging with Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. If I need to veg a little longer than usual I add a little Gia Green 444 to make it to the flowering stage. I supplement every 3rd watering with Botanicare Pure Blend Nutrient Tea which really improves the flavours. When I switch to flower I'm adding Gai Green Power Bloom every 2 weeks and continue to supplement with the Nutrient Tea until it's time to flush. I have a great lighting set up with my Mars Hydro. I guess the big question I have is what can I supplement with to encourage dense buds keeping in mind I try as hard as possible to keep things on the natural side.
C02 that is. Indoors extra C02 n genetics

Mmm i would say genetics...

But I've noticed a different type of pistil development which leads to dense nug's like pop corn size extremely compact these pistil appear to be shorter & more stocky, broader than normal... I'm not sure if it is a mutation either ?

I've seen this 3 times over 20 odd strains & the bud or cola always looks smaller than normal but once dry ya thinking this is an oz but turns out a lot more...

Back
Top Bottom