rockwool problem

eebwen

So I germinated my autoflower seed, no problem. I put it in rockwool and my 2 baby leaves sprouted and then 2 serated leaves sprouted all within 2 days, great. Then the seedling stopped growing and has stayed the same height for 4 days. I said to myself theirs a problem so I pulled the rockwool cube out of my Dwc clay pebbles and their is no tap root coming out the bottom. I carefully broke open the cube and the root was there just not coming out the bottom. I hope by opening the cube the root will start growing. I think the rockwool cube is manufactured to tightly preventing the roots from growing threw the cube, We'll see. Has anyone heard of this problem before?

I stopped using rockwool for cloning a couple of years ago. The QC was all over the place. There are hard spots in them, and the ph can vary wildly from sheet to sheet. But, that's for cloning.

I have never used a cube to sprout a seed, no need. I use the wet paper towel method, then put it directly into medium as soon as it busts open and starts a root.

~ Auggie ~

Its my first time with rockwool cubes and find they suck to start from seed.I have switched back to paper towel method.It reminds me of those grow pods made up of peatmoss with a nylon wrap? I think I will try with clay pelets and a basket next.

Back
Top Bottom