Romulan leaves curling, Please help!

booboostank

Hey guys I really need help! I have my stealth grow going I started it tuesday evening and ever since then the plant has seem to have gone down hill. Check out what I mean:
MG_4193.JPG

MG_4205.JPG

MG_4209.JPG

Just now:
MG_4218.JPG
MG_4217.JPG
MG_4214.JPG

PPM has been consistant at 450 same with ph being 6.2-6.4, the water level is about half way up the net pot, is that too much?
Please let me know, I am a amateur grower. :thanks:

Your PH is too high....drop it down to around 5.8. Wait a couple days and see if that solves your problem. Too high of a PH will "lock out certain nutrients that the plant needs. This looks to be the case. Good luck

CGs

I will have second Caregiver, pH is to high. And out of curiosity how far do you keep your lights away? I only ask because I noticed CFL's.

Thank you guys, what would be a good range for ph on veg and flower? I just got up an measured PPMs after last night, and it read upwards to 515 this is the highest it has gone before I have been trying to keep it around 350 to 400 for the first week so im going to change out the res so I can completely start over with ph and PPMs. Thank you again for the help

The PH is universal for Hydro applications. For optimum results you want 5.8 throughout your whole grow. Now perfect 5.8 ph is nearly impossible so a little fluctuation is ok. Your range shld be from 5.6 to 6.0 (that is my preference). As you research more and more you will find some growers permit a wider range of Ph.

You ppms should be fine. I start my seeds at around 300 ppm and then when they get a couple inches tall I bump it up to 600 for a week or so. Then when you plants have an established root sytem then you can bump up to 1000ppm. By the time I am in flower stage my ppms are around 1200-1400.

On a side note, FzzyGrnmnster has a good question. If you are using CFLs they shld be within a couple inches of your plants. I used cfls before and they were always about 1 inch away from the plant. CFLs do not penetrate very far so you need to keep them real close. If the light isnt close enough 2 things can happen: the plants stretch and we dont want that. Second thing the plant will start to "lighten" in color, closer to more of a yellow than a dark green this mean the plant is now using it's on stored energy instead of converting light into "new" energy.

Hope this wasn't overwhelming and useful to you. Keep the questions coming! :nomo:

CGs

Thank you Caregivers that is alot of help! I will try to keep it the range between 5.6-6.0 and for ppms, im going to watch and see what happens. I moved the lights probably within 3 to 4 inches of the plant, the lights will come on at 7 and then, ill see how it does throughout the night. Once again thank you for the help! Ill keep you guys posted! Until then: :roorrip:

Drop the lights and get a fan pointed at that plant or you're going to have issues with the stem not being strong enough for the plant, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom