Skunk Sativa Downward Leaf Curling! Please Help

seraphim27

I've had my plants growing all summer and am wanting to flower a.s.a.p., but, my sativa has showed signs of deficiency so I'm hoping to get that resolved before moving ahead.

IMG_6988.JPG

IMG_6989.JPG
IMG_6993.JPG
IMG_6991.JPG
IMG_6990.JPG
IMG_6994.JPG

I've got them under a 4-foot 8-tube t5 with a few t12's around the side and just got another 2ft 8tube t5 that is waiting to be hung.

I've been watering/feeding them as needed(BC Grow and BC Boost). Generally I'll feed and wait 2-3 days before feeding again, watering 1-2L every other day depending on soil consistency I've been doing half of the recommended amounts of nutes and had gotten the amounts pretty consistent so as not to burn the plant.

Nothing in the grow environment has changed recently to allow for the leaf curling. The curling seemed to start from the top down and is getting worse. I'm thinking it may be nutrient lockout. Please advise as I am very concerned!

First I'm not a soil guy. But you might ph the run off water and see if that's a little out of whack. I've seen that in hydro setups when the ph if off from where the plant likes it. I think ph for soil is like 6.0-6.8 I think, might be wrong on the right soil ph.

Thanks Stretchtastic...I had the same thought and will be testing the soil ph as soon as possible. I've been giving them water that is right around 6.0, I was wondering... if you continue watering with the same slightly acidic ph level, if, over time the soil ph gets increasingly acidic?

Unfortunately...the Speedqueen Indica pictured with the skunk is showing similar signs of deficiency/disease, but much, much, less than the sativa.

I will post some pics a.s.a.p. along with the ph soil test results.

u may have a point with the accumulative acidity, another consideration would be logging or stuff getting to compact down there-i experienced something similar do to this. i also have seen similar cases with soils that have high levels of that shitty sand. hope this helps, good luck.

Thank you all for your help/feedback!

Here is an update...

Not sure what is going on...I manipulated the water and nutrient schedule and thought things were looking up, as the new growth was looking really good, but, it seems to be reverting. I lowered the ph of the watering/nutrient solution to 5.6-5.8 and thought that had turned things around...not sure.

The soil ph according to my cheap-o measuring device is a little over 7.6...I may add something to bring it down...I tried adding some coffee grounds before, so maybe I'll try that again.

The plant seems to be growing despite the deficiency. I am going to add some c02 to the equation and see if that helps.

I am going to flower the plant and see what happens...

IMG_71981.jpg
IMG_7185.jpg

Back
Top Bottom