Rookie questions

Renegade

i want to start growing indoors, and id like to build my own grow box but i have a few questions first though. Biggest one is if i do start growing a plant is it always gonna be in the box or am i messing uo the concept, and prefferably id like the box to be about 5' high max. but id heard that they grow up to 5, 6 feet tall or taller. or are there plants that are short? im really "green" at this stuff ha no pun intended so thanks for the patience yall :Rasta:

i want to start growing indoors, and id like to build my own grow box but i have a few questions first though. Biggest one is if i do start growing a plant is it always gonna be in the box or am i messing uo the concept, and prefferably id like the box to be about 5' high max. but id heard that they grow up to 5, 6 feet tall or taller. or are there plants that are short? im really "green" at this stuff ha no pun intended so thanks for the patience yall :Rasta:

Best advice is to spend a lot of time reading up on this website. Check out other peoples journals, and read this link:

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

You would probably want to keep the plant in the box the majority of the time, depending on your grow style. With some hydro systems it would be difficult to remove it easily from the box.

Plants can grow much taller than 5 feet, but there are many strains and growing techniques to keep them shorter than that. Again - read up as much as you can. Oh yeah, and keep asking questions - plenty of people willing to help here! :goodluck:

the height of the plant depends on genetics and length of vegetative growth. a general rule of thumb is that the plant will double height during flowering, you'll also have to account for height of the light and distance from the light to the canopy and the height of whatever medium you decide to use.
there's a lot to learn on the subject of growing, a lifetime's worth, read and ask questions. :yummy:

Hello new to the grow. From Detroit michgain, been read up on growing my own. Ok here it is 4x4 flowing room with 400 watt air cooled light hps with a inline ext fan with charcoal filter.rooms not air tight it's in my basement. Do I need a fresh air supply line for the room.if so can I use a dryer vent to pull in the air? Or could I just run a intake fan to a hose from the basement? Also would like to have to mother in a veg room can I use floscents to keep alive? Also here in michgain I can only have 12 plants would like to have 4 or 5 flowing and 2 mothers and 5 or 6 cones in veg room thing light for veg room with 4 four foot florescent will it be enough? Any one help show me the Green???

Renegade., i am new to this also, there are many strains of indica, or indica/sativa mix that are designed for indoor grows that don;t get to tall, and there are some techniques you can use once you get started to help limit the height of them also. This website is a virtual bonanza of info. just keep reading and posting questions. i am doing the same thing. GL on your grow!

Back
Top Bottom