Rookie

@BioMatrix, the side lights are not adjustable, but the top lights are, as needed i will put in more lights to the sides, but i am looking at doing Lst tonight, to lower the baby, to keep within the lights i have already. I did try to upload the latest pics earlier but my internet was uncooperative, so will try again soon as im now at day 31 heading into 32 in a couple of hours.

@fineas your right my baby does have a thirst for the good stuff, i was doing nutes 1x2weeks first part,but last week and this week i have done it weekly and she seems to be taking it like water (lol) the main stem on her is nice and thick tonight when i checked on her, everyday she changes she looks better and better (to me (it is my first indoor)) im always checking for bad signs, ie; i did have a couple of rust spots the week before, so i emptied the bucket scrubbed it clean, place the baby in another bucket with clean fresh water for few hours, then placed her back into her bucket with a change of water and fresh nutes, trimmed the damaged leaves off, and bam she's off and racing again... im hoping to get a good yield from my baby, but i know not to expect miracles as yet... i will look into
PotPie's thread next..
just being to PotPie's thread and checked out the lights, im unsure if the adapters like that would be available here in Australia, (haven't seen any at the local hardware store as yet) but yea would like to get my hands on some of them, looks like i got a bit of web-surfing coming up to track some of those adapters down here in Australia......and also those reflectors i might track some of those down and see what damage they might do to my wallet....lol (i think i only got moths in there at the moment anyways):circle-of-love:

:thanks:
:love:

Thanks for your input and encouragement guys its great to receive it and it is because of the input from everyone here, that is and will make my first grow successful.......
:Namaste: :420:

yes that has been in my mind, the excess water needed, as she is a thirsty girl, at the moment she is in a 20lt bucket (5 gallon) but i have only 15lt (3 gallon) water as i have left room for the roots to grown without loosing the water space (hopefully) when i am topping up the water it is 2-4lt at a time (1 gallon) daily. in the plan of making the box i did not allow for a res tank, so big modifications to be made, though when i think about it i could just place a res tank outside the box on the floor...

Dont forget the golden rule when mixing nutrients, "Less is more".....it is so true after all! i stress myself when i give my baby her nutes and i constantly check her for the next 24 hours after adding the nutes, to watch for stress or shock and i have a bucket of fresh water on hand, to move her if needed, but so far so good, and touch wood, it stays that way....

:thumb:

now the internet is being cooperative with me and i have been able to upload day31 pics
tonight im going to attempt to do a Lst with my baby, hoping that i dont stress my baby out by doing it and that i dont damage her precious limbs, as i have been told "slow and steady wins the race" so i will take the advise on-board tonight and do the Lst slow and steady so i can win the race to the end and surprise myself with a nice yield (high hopes in many ways lol)

21082011654.jpg
21082011655.jpg
21082011657.jpg
21082011659.jpg
21082011653.jpg

:yummy:

they are old rust spot leaves and have been waiting for them to grow before i trim them, which i just did as i have just finished Lst'ing my baby, god that was scary, but i am proud to say that i did it without any damage to any of they limbs.......yahoooo
im pretty basic in the nutes im using which is "Canadianxpress ultimate indoor for hydro growth" a clipping from there page:

Ultimate Indoor for Hydro is the king of single part nutrients. Utilizing the full benefits of Hot Mix Technology for indoor recirculating systems, this nutrient will deliver all your plant’s needs by being the perfect fusion of Organic and Synthetic fertilizers in one.
In inert media, the plant is completely dependent on the fertilizer for all its nutritional requirements. You need to look no further than Ultimate Indoor for Hydro. Boasting a comprehensive array of all macro and micro nutrients it is balanced specifically for recirculating systems. Incorporating Fusion Nutrition, Ultimate Indoor for Hydro is the only single part nutrient that can truly claim to be a complete nutrient for recirculating systems. Amaze yourself and try Ultimate Indoor for Hydro for the best single part crop production today

i try to keep things simple...lol
in two weeks i feel i should start the flowering faze, though i have read in some threads that the growth should stagger as a sign of maturity, so i got two weeks to make the choice "to flower or not to flower" if and when i do flower i will be switching the nutes over to
"Canadianxpress Hydro Bloom part B"
so im hoping these nutes will do me and my baby well, and i think so far so good

thanks BioMatrix, you are building my confidence up on my baby, i hope she doesn't disappoint, if she does it would be my fault ( i plan on not screwing this up), as she is (i have to be modest here) a stunning little thing....well i will give her a few of days to get over the Lst'ing being done then post some more pics of her and im hoping once again she poses beautifully for the camera.....

p.s i have started on a new one but this one is going slow which is what i want as she (lets call her madam) will be baby's replacement after flowering.....pics of her will come soon on another thread (when i get my arse into gear)....

day 35 and baby is doing well after her Lst'ing, i have also decided to clone her, as she has impressed me, so i thought a daughter was called for..tomorrow is her cleaning day and fresh nutes, so big day for her tomorrow... anyways just a few pics of her

24082011666_1_.jpg
24082011665_1_.jpg

Yes, it is time to take some clones! Do you top/FIM these?
Take some shots of the clones interested to see your methods.

yes i did top... i topped the main stem then the secondary stems that were produced, then the third, after that did Lst, trying to keep things low, and i have it in my head that the more limbs the bigger the yield. (can only hope :battingeyelashes:)

i have done a thread bout my clones its at the bottom (will they make it) i have followed "How to Clone a Cannabis Plant" which was posted by "420 Editor", back in december 2008,
i can only hope that i am successful in this also, i have included a pic of them for you...
:thumb:

24082011669_1_.jpg

great job!!! and the clones look good!!! make sure you keep a dome on them and spray with a spray bottle to keep the humidity up!!! and then make sure you got the light right on top of that dome!!! im sure you know this already though!!!

:peacetwo:

great job!!! and the clones look good!!! make sure you keep a dome on them and spray with a spray bottle to keep the humidity up!!! and then make sure you got the light right on top of that dome!!! im sure you know this already though!!!

Thanks man!
yep all the above is done, the first pics of the clones were without the dome or should i say microwaveable popcorn cooker (lol gotta love the kitchen its full of helpful equipment) have included a pic of the clones with their dome in place, its day 2 for the clones today, so still got the fingers crossed

25082011673.jpg

;)

you know if i also remember correctly, when you cut clones, you want to cut off the fingers on 2 of the leaves!!! so that way while they are rooting, it helps them retain water in the leaves!!! its supposed to be the bottom leaves!!!

Your baby girl looks beautiful. When I grow plants I cant keep my eyes off of them. They look good after LST as well. When I do stressful things to my plants I usually give them some Thrive alive or similar B vitamin like super thrive available at Lowe's. Oh I got all those light extensions at wal-mart. Oh do you have those stores over there?

Your baby girl looks beautiful. When I grow plants I cant keep my eyes off of them. They look good after LST as well. When I do stressful things to my plants I usually give them some Thrive alive or similar B vitamin like super thrive available at Lowe's. Oh I got all those light extensions at wal-mart. Oh do you have those stores over there?

thanks for the complement, Lst'ing makes them look so fat, and beautiful.
no we got no wal-mart here or lowe's, though wal-mart has just stated that they will be opening in the eastern states next year, (3000 miles roughly) so im on a search to find something of a similar design a bit closer to home,

you know if i also remember correctly, when you cut clones, you want to cut off the fingers on 2 of the leaves!!! so that way while they are rooting, it helps them retain water in the leaves!!! its supposed to be the bottom leaves!!!

well i have 5 clones so i will do what you suggest to 3 of the clones to see what the difference in the growth of the roots and plant itself is, will do put the info on my thread "will they make it"
thanks for the info, always appreciated

;)

Back
Top Bottom