Room set-up question etc from a first timer

beebop76

Probably more dumb questions from another noob, but hoping to get some advice for my first grow. I'll be using Promix/Perlite blend (4:1) with OC+ and one of Mike's GrowLedHydro 300 LED lights, running a small fan to circulate air inside tent and will have an exhaust attached to a carbon filter. I'll be starting with some some White Widow in a grow tent (40"x40"x78") and had these questions:
1) I am using attic of an old house. Electrical is
'knob and tube" so it's ungrounded. The total amps isn't an issue and I will be using a surge protector to protect my equipment. How vital is it that I get a new circuit board/grounded outlet before I start to run my set-up? My estimates to add a grounded outlet are $500+ so I'm trying to skimp here.
2) I plan on starting 4 plants from feminized seeds in 5 gallons buckets. If I LST all four, is 40"x40" a large enough space to do this? Do you think 4 is a good number or can I try more plants with this space/light I am using?
3) If grow space isn't an issue, is there any downside of germinating the seeds in my 5 gallon bucket instead of using a smaller cup and then transplanting?
4) Pests: Read a few ways to prevent pests on here (ie dont bring stuff in from outside, etc.). If you're careful in terms of keeping your tent sanitary, how common are pests for an indoor grow? Are they truly preventable for most part, or do most growers at some point experience pests no matter how "good" they are?
Sorry for so many questions, did try to research on here as much as I could and don't think I found exact answers to the above. Thanks in advance.:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom