root bound question

moonmist3207

Hello, Im in week 4 of 12/12 and I think my plant has become root bound. Now if its root bound does that mean it stops producing bud. I really don't want to have to transplant if i don't have to. Thank you for your help

Hello, Im in week 4 of 12/12 and I think my plant has become root bound. Now if its root bound does that mean it stops producing bud. I really don't want to have to transplant if i don't have to. Thank you for your help

How large is the container, how big is the plant? A pic would help

Generally if a plant is root bound your restricting growth, the plant is fighting for root space instead of using it's energy to grow. If your plant is root bound I'd recommend re potting it asap in a pot at least twice, if not four times the size of the pot it's in now. Especially during the flower cycle.

When, and if you do re pot, cut four or five vertical cuts, top to bottom around the root ball. Using a utility razor works best, then gently pry the sections apart a bit. Re pot into moist soil, making sure to pack soil into all the spaces between cuts. Keep the soil around the stem at the same level it was before you re potted it. Water (no nutes), and leave in a shaded spot for a few hours before going under direct light. My two cents.

And if you can't or won't re-pot, being very sensitive to the plant's need for water and nutrients would be key. You might have to water more often to sustain the growth she does have. With a low soil-to-root ratio you're living on the edge.

Back
Top Bottom