Root rot?

gremlinn

Is this root tot I'm growing in coco first week flower I noticed a smell like eggs when I pull pot leaves on bottom are yellowing . I put a few drops bleach in water roof drenched it empty tray left it dry overnite looks horrible still . My valve was messed up reason it over filled tray in first place . I've never dealt with root rot should I toss it or what? Feeding 1.7 ec 60 ph GH Lucas formula Little Cal mag
IMG_20240128_102655327.jpg
IMG_20240118_061204272.jpg

IMG_20240128_102655327.jpg

IMG_20240128_102712016.jpg

Sorry about the incident, my vote is to keep it. You will know in the next couple weeks if she will make it. She looks good to me.

Figure out what might be causing the "egg smell". Fixing that issue and it can be very possible to keep the plant going right through to a good harvest.

Let us know what the grow medium is. You mention coco but is there anything else added to it? Maybe someone else using the same sort of mix is familiar with the problem and can jump in with suggestions.

If it's just coco/perlite, you can make up a weak solution of H2O2 and flush it through - only needs to be 1-2%
It will sterilize the rootzone and give the roots a massive Oxygen boost
Also, you might consider using an enzyme product [eg Cannazyme] which will help to break down any dead roots/rotting material

Figure out what might be causing the "egg smell". Fixing that issue and it can be very possible to keep the plant going right through to a good harvest.

Let us know what the grow medium is. You mention coco but is there anything else added to it? Maybe someone else using the same sort of mix is familiar with the problem and can jump in with suggestions.
Coco perlite 50/50 GH nutrients 2 ml cal mag 5,ml micro 5ml bloom 1 ml silica every other watering I unhooked res and valve I've been filling tray up by hand as needed its roots in tray now I'll continue doing this manually rest of grow I only used 5 drops bleach in quart of water is all one time no more rotten egg smell she still looks like hell I think maybe it's something else going on oh yeah I let tap water sit in bucket 24 hrs is my water source update

IMG_20240130_141055927.jpg

Let us know what the grow medium is. You mention coco but is there anything else added to it? Maybe someone else using the same sort of mix is familiar with the problem and can jump in with suggestio

^^ @Sueet - still looks hungry to me too
I'm feeding her ec of 1.6 I'm afraid go higher on the yellowing lower leaves the tips are burnt so IDK wat else to do id like to flush her but I'm scared to because its bottom fed so salts are in top of medium I'll just wAsh all them in root zone

Back
Top Bottom