Roots growing out of drain holes

HugePeckerhead

So I was cleaning out my run off pots and when I picked up the container I noticed a bunch of roots growing out the drain holes. I'll get pics up in a little bit but anyways...it's being grown in soil. FFOF at that. Water usually on the morning of the 3rd day. Plant is roughly 5 weeks old. 5 gallon container. The pot has a run off piece on the pot and the roots have grown into that. Can I continue using this or what? Ideas please.

Try watering from the btm and top water too. fill the btm tray. She will drink up that water and get bigger too. It's ok. Just let the btm tray dry out. Usually will only be overnight the water will be gone. If you wait 2-3 days to do it again. Try it.

Try watering from the btm and top water too. fill the btm tray. She will drink up that water and get bigger too. It's ok. Just let the btm tray dry out. Usually will only be overnight the water will be gone. If you wait 2-3 days to do it again. Try it.
Would it be better to add water or can I add a feeding into it?

water is all I've ever done. I always go with; err on the side of caution.

It will work - there's lots of folks running DWC - thats roots in water and nutrients on a life pump. Likely not the same strength as you water in.

I would try just water first after your normal routine. Try it on 1 plant water in the tray extra. See if it makes a difference. It should.

Back
Top Bottom