Roots Organics

CelticEBE

I am considering using Roots Organics soil and nutrients for my next grow. Can anyone tell me what kind of results they have had with this product?

Thanks!

Perhaps I will do a journal on my next grow, which will actually be my first solo grow. I have heard great things about the soil and I like the scientific approach to the literature I have read. We shall just have to see.

This is a Subcool soil recipe.
This is yet one more Soil Mixing tutorial. This one is going to focus on making a batch in the city while keeping it neat and tidy. First we use a tarp and a sheet of plywood under so the shovel will slide easily as we mix and scoop.

Here is the recipe to make this concentrate!
You cannot grow plants directly in this super concentrate!

6 Bags Roots soil or equivalent high quality supped up grow soil
Note**I am trying a new product made by a local company that contains less fir bark called Harvest Moon
25 pounds Pure Worm Castings
½ cup Azomite trace minerals
2/3 Cup Sweet Lime IE Dolomite
1 Kilo Bone meal / IE 5 Pounds
1 Kilo Blood meal ( I use a bit more bone than Blood in this recipe)
1 Kilo Bat Guano bloom formula preferably Fruit bats
3/4 cup Epson Salts
The Perlite and Coco I happen to have and it will make a better mix but it is not necessary.

First we take the tarp and the Lucky rug and lift the edges to form a 2 sided pan.
So now we put on the muck boots these help me kick the soil around and get it mixed up well.

So lets make a nice pile of Roots soil.
We layer the ingredients so they can be mixed well.
Now we put our backs into it and mix like crazy
I alternate cans untill the pile is gone.
So we add water and let it cook in the sunshine. 30 days is best for this concentrate and it can be used to condition soil as detailed in the soil 101 thread. Do Not Put Clones or Seeds in this mix!

I will use this for a full year just adding like 30-50% in the lower potion of the container and plain roots in top portion. As the concentrate gets older I can use more. To re use I just recondition.

It's a great mix. It can be portioned out also, so it can be made with one bag, and 1/6 of everything else.

Sounds yummy. Have you used this mix personally much?

Sounds yummy. Have you used this mix personally much?

No I haven't. I hope to this summer outdoors. I'm not big on soil indoors, with the mess and all. I have been around and used most of the products for various yard work and know the stuff is good, just not in a super mix. I did make a super fertilizer years ago with a just about everything but the soil. Worked great.

I switched to the Roots program from Fox Farm for three crops and made the switch back to Fox Farm Ocean Forest. I found the Roots dirt to be lacking in nutes but was well draining with all the coco in there. The Roots nutes is what I really did not like. Both the Buddha bloom and grow are nasty stinky sludge types that are very messy.
I like and will continue to use Ocean Forest with Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, and grow big along with a Dutch Master foliar spray. This combo is the most reliable and productive combo I've been using in my 12 years of growing.:cool:

Thanks for the info. I found a guy on another forum using the Roots Soil with Advanced Nutrients and his results were PHENOMENAL. I may try that combo at first.

I switched to the Roots program from Fox Farm for three crops and made the switch back to Fox Farm Ocean Forest. I found the Roots dirt to be lacking in nutes but was well draining with all the coco in there. The Roots nutes is what I really did not like. Both the Buddha bloom and grow are nasty stinky sludge types that are very messy.
I like and will continue to use Ocean Forest with Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, and grow big along with a Dutch Master foliar spray. This combo is the most reliable and productive combo I've been using in my 12 years of growing.:cool:

Do you know the name of the Dutch Master foliar spray?

Sure. I use a combo of Dutch Master's Max Fx, penetrator(now called saturator), liquid light and I mix in some Botanicare's Sweet in berry flavor. I use this combo at half it's instructed dilution rate to prevent burns but still give my plants the extra amino acid,carbs, & sugar loads to increase resin production. It basically takes a plant and turns it from a couch potato to a marathon athlete.
Max Fx may no longer be in production but is still availble thru your local shop or online..

Another one of the best foliar sprays I like to mix in to my routine is fresh & clean pure rain water. I collect it and freeze it by the quart when I can. I have seen rain water make my buds swell and get rock hard density with moderate applications up until a week or two before harvest.:ganjamon:

Another one of the best foliar sprays I like to mix in to my routine is fresh & clean pure rain water. I collect it and freeze it by the quart when I can. I have seen rain water make my buds swell and get rock hard density with moderate applications up until a week or two before harvest.:ganjamon:

sounds like good nature :thumb:......too bad in my city its terrible chemicals floating thru the air

Back
Top Bottom