Rules reg.s laws and prohibitions on growing?

Aaron Quix

High all, I was wondering if maybe some of you could help answer a few questions for me, or help me to answer them for myself, reguarding the rules for growing your own at home. I am currently a red card holder and so is my wife, and we both use the same dispensary in Denver. The quality is low most of the time but they offer a free eighth per patient per month so we stay. Anyway, we were considering trying to grow just a few of our own in our home, but arent really sure of the laws pertaining to growing, i.e. 1)how far from schools, parks etc., 2)living in a rental, 3)Kids in the home and so on. Any info would be great, Thanks!!

Quixliver, be very careful what you do here. The fact that you have kids changes everything! Make SURE that one of you(parents) can pass a drug test. If you are growing, and anyone were to report you, fine, your legal(as long as your landlord knows). Now, if you are growing and both parents are hot, DPHS WILL throw a fit.

#1-Make sure that one of you can pass a ua!
#2-ASK THE LANDLORD IF IT IS OK!
#3-Do not grow more than 12 plants![6(6)]
#4-Keep the space inaccessible to the children!...Very important!
#5-Have fun enjoying better quality, and more of it, WAY CHEAPER!

Velodrone, thanks for taking the time to reply. Good info, I just wonder why if we are both licensed to use the medication, anyone would have anything to say about us bothe testing positive for the meds we've had recommended to us, as long as all of the other criteria mentioned above has been met.

I'll tell you why. DHS still recognizes the federal laws! They receive federal subsidies. I have a friend in the DHS that informed me of an internal memo in respect to a single user in a two parent household. If both parents test positive, begin the removal process and start the petition for criminal neglect. If it is only one parent, let it go. There would not be enough "circumstantial evidence" to prove neglect with a single hot UA in a two parent household!!

Wow! Ok I'm getting it. It probably wouldn't be an issue, as my wife rarely uses. And by rarely I mean once every 2 months or so, and I am starting to think it best to just keep the two plants that I have where they are. I have a good friend who is lcenard as well and is growing two of his own, so I decided to start a couple of my own at his place. I just don't like having to commute to care for my plants. I enjoy spending time with them but I don't think I'll bring them home...thanks for your help.

I'll tell you why. DHS still recognizes the federal laws! They receive federal subsidies. I have a friend in the DHS that informed me of an internal memo in respect to a single user in a two parent household. If both parents test positive, begin the removal process and start the petition for criminal neglect. If it is only one parent, let it go. There would not be enough "circumstantial evidence" to prove neglect with a single hot UA in a two parent household!!

Wow that sucks!! I am a single parent with several children whom live with me. I was Busted and held without bail after my ex sent the cops on me to obtain custody and $$$.
Well I was released finally and got my kids back from her because I had the card. Child services in RI has a higher instance of removing children from parents than any other state. I do not understand why in CO MMJ Law is not respected by CPS. I have an excellent Attorney and know that makes a substantial difference but MMJ laws should be respected by CPS if MMJ is not endangering children. :goodluck:

you probably would want to see if the landlord is cool with it first. But I would get a list of what you are going to do fir instance: Hydro or dirt, what type of light and how secure of area and also how to set up with no damage to rental. You will need odor control and ventilation. I would recommend soil and wouldn't do more than three at a time. you can get clones from any Med center and there is all kind of knowledge on this web site if you spend quality time researching instead of just asking questions. Everything you need is on this website when and if you cant find a answer then put your question out there and you will probably get a better response. Good Luck and Happy Growing.

Back
Top Bottom