?'s on being a designated caregiver in Wa.

jordans357

First off i just wanted to thank everyone on this site for their vast info and knowledge, ive learned a ton from other threads and aclu of wa.

I plan on becoming a "designated care provider" for my niece that was paralyzed a lil over a year ago and i want to be sure and get as many tips on staying within the fine print and grey areas of wa. state laws and regs for medicinal growing. She has her green card will appoint me as her designated care provider. I no longer smoke so that shouldn't be an issue. i'm clear on the amount restrictions being no more then 15 plants (total) or no more then 24oz at one time. So my ?'s are these....

A. do i need to "register" as a medicinal provider thus putting myself under the spotlight?

B. are their any fire arm restrictions for the residence that the medicine is cultivated in?

C. size requirements for the grow room

d. equipment restrictions for the grow

Some of these ?'S may be a bit silly but in my experience its always the stupid lil shit things that people commonly overlook that the cops love use.
Thanks again 420 mag and its users for this awsome site!! :thanks:

the law says nothing about firearms her paperwork should be all you need. grow room size and equipment are up to you to decide what you need, it will depend on how big your going to grow each plant.

I plan on becoming a "designated care provider" for my niece that was paralyzed a lil over a year ago and i want to be sure and get as many tips on staying within the fine print and grey areas of wa. state laws and regs for medicinal growing. She has her green card will appoint me as her designated care provider. I no longer smoke so that shouldn't be an issue. i'm clear on the amount restrictions being no more then 15 plants (total) or no more then 24oz at one time. So my ?'s are these....

A. do i need to "register" as a medicinal provider thus putting myself under the spotlight?

B. are their any fire arm restrictions for the residence that the medicine is cultivated in?

C. size requirements for the grow room

d. equipment restrictions for the grow

Some of these ?'S may be a bit silly but in my experience its always the stupid lil shit things that people commonly overlook that the cops love use.
Thanks again 420 mag and its users for this awsome site!! :thanks:

Not silly at all. :)

RCW 69.51.A gives very little information about being a designated provider in WA state. The only things it addresses are...

* Must be 18 yrs of age
* Has been designated in writing by a patient to serve as a designated provider
* Must not consume the medicine provided for the patient
* Can only be a designated provider to one patient at a time
* If a law enforcement officer asks for documentation of being a designated provider, you must be able to supply it. (However, the law does not state what that documentation might be.)

Our MMJ cooperative (in Tacoma) suggests to designated providers that whenever they are growing, procuring, cooking for, etc, for their patient, that they have two things with them: 1) the designated provider statement/form that includes copies of both the patient's and the provider's WA state license or ID, and 2) a copy of the patient's valid, current authorization.

There is no designated provider registration.

There are no firearm restrictions.

There are no size requirements/restrictions for the grow room or equipment.

Unless the patient's doctor has documented otherwise on their authorization, a patient's 60-day supply is 24 ounces and 15 plants. So logically, if you are providing to a patient, you would not ever want to have more than 24oz/15 plants or you'd be over your patient's limit. The only difference would be if you were a patient, yourself, then you could have twice that - one set for you, one set for the patient.

Make sense? :)

* If a law enforcement officer asks for documentation of being a designated provider, you must be able to supply it. (However, the law does not state what that documentation might be.)

Our MMJ cooperative (in Tacoma) suggests to designated providers that whenever they are growing, procuring, cooking for, etc, for their patient, that they have two things with them: 1) the designated provider statement/form that includes copies of both the patient's and the provider's WA state license or ID, and 2) a copy of the patient's valid, current authorization.

Underlined portion of the above quote is the required documentation you will need if LEO comes a knockin'. If you need a copy of a good designated provider form for WA just send me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom