Saginaw MMJ Patient's plants seized

Medijuana

I saw this story earlier today on ABC12...

An investigation is underway in Saginaw County regarding medical marijuna - 4/22/10 - Flint News and Saginaw News - abc12.com

SAGINAW COUNTY (WJRT) -- (04/22/10)--An investigation is underway in Saginaw County to determine if two medical marijuana patients violated state law when it come to its use and production.

It's new territory for both patients and police.

Two men are being investigated by the sheriff's department. One of them admits he's confused by the Medical Marijuana Act passed in 2008, but he adds he doesn't think he violated the law.

Saginaw Township resident Edwin Boyke says he's suffered from a pinched nerve for more than a decade.

"My leg hurt so bad right from the bone inside out," he said. "Now that's pain."

Boyke says medical marijuana helps relieve that pain, but he hasn't been able to smoke any since last week when his plants were taken.

"Door opens, and, 'Sheriff's department. We have a warrant.' I said, 'You scared me.'"

The sheriff's department says Boyke's home and another in Thomas Township were raided as part of an investigation into violations of the Medical Marijuana Act.

Boyke claims he's only growing what he's legally allowed to. He also says he's not a drug dealer.

"No, no, I didn't have any to sell," he said.

The undersheriff can't talk specifics about this case because it's an ongoing investigation, but he did say: "Search warrants were sought and attained by going through judges. They reviewed the case," said Undersheriff Robert Karl.

Boyke was told the investigation centers around whether he's growing more plants than legally allowed.

No charges have been filed yet, but if they are, it would be the first time in Saginaw County that anyone was prosecuted under the Medical Marijuana Act created back in 2008.

A detective says the department is waiting on lab results before forwarding the cases to the prosecutor for possible charges.
(Copyright ©2010 WJRT-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

That is my #1 fear of growing MJ in my house. The second is getting robbed for the plants. It's almost enough to make me abandon my grow and just buy it instead.

With the feds involved, you can guarantee there will NOT be a fair trial, and it wouldn't surprise me if they take everything he owns.

Yeah, more or less if the Feds get involved. Here this friend of the leaf, the Saginaw CO Sheriff and all law enforcement is looking at ways to MAKE money and if that means taking legal plants, tv's, cars, atvs, ect and forcing MI citizens to pay fines (which they get a piece of)so be it. The po-po have made the decision already, if you doubt this look at what is goin on my brothers & sisters.
This is all over our state-I do have a suggestion. Hows about we set up a superfund and donate into it for those arrested? Im game? If we all pitch in $5-10 into an ebay account or an account through NORML? Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom