Same strain: drooping and praying

NorthernCosmos

I have 4 Northern Lights autos from Seed Stockers growing. They're 59 days from seed today, so they have another 30'ish days to go. One of them hes drooping leaves. The first day after watering it will perk up a little, then it'll be drooping the next two days again, until the next watering. It's has been doing that for ca. 3 weeks.

The others don't do this, or that is, one of them droops a little but not much compared top the first one. The two last ones are very short and bushy and is not drooping at all, but instead praying to the light. Of the two short ones, one is getting some purple lower leaves. I.e. all 4 NLs are a bit different, so phenotypes are at play. All the plants look generally healthy, with only a few lower leaves starting to yellow, as is natural.

I'm running them in a 4x4 tent with a 300W Mars Hydro TSL 2000 LED. The light is 14" above the top of the plants. They get the same Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect Micro/Grow/Bloom as all my other plants have been getting. Same with soil, additives (Epsom salt and molasses) water, air circulation, temperatures and humidity.

I just don't get what the drooping is about. If I didn't know better, I'd say it's thirsty, but the bucket has normal weight from day to day (i.e lightening the same as the others towards the next watering). If anybody has any ideas for how to make it happier, I'd be grateful.

Here's the drooping one, its colas aren't as dense as the others:

IMG_0447.JPG

And the other, not-so-drooping one (you can spot droopy to the right of it) :

IMG_0448.JPG

And one of the two short and bushy ones, praying to the light:

IMG_0443.JPG

Ah, should have mentioned that I have been moving them around. The drooping one was closer to the center of the light for a while and has now been on the end of the light for a little while - this has made no difference, it droops anyway. The others have also had their time on the ends and are fine.

I'm trying to keep tabs on the soil. I think I have a fairly good wet/dry cycle by the bucket weighing method.

It's the cycle of the drooping that I don't quite get: it's drooping - it gets water and nutes - 12 hours later it isn't drooping so bad - the day after it's drooping again and the bucket is not dry/light yet. I don't dare watering it at that stage because that would keep the root too wet I think.

Today I ran quite a bit of water through the soil, to flush it, and got a lot of run off. The soil is much more wet and heavy now than after a normal watering (more than i like...) , so at least it should have more than enough to drink. I'll put it in the middle of the light again for a while and see how it goes.

One feeding later, droopy is still drooping - even more than in the pictures. My conclusion has to be that an individual plant in a same strain group may just be that different, despite all external things being the same (and generally good for other plants). Maybe it could be made happier somehow, but it could be a wild goose chase too, so I'll just let it do what it wants.

Back
Top Bottom