Scaredeecat First Grow White Widow & BB, Magic Bud, Critical Jack, Moby Dick #2

scaredeecat

well i got my rooms built and lights in 4' 8 tube flour for bloom room and 42 watt cfls for veg room

P3240238.JPG

this is the bloom room

P3240231.JPG

critical jack seed

P3240233.JPG

mobt dick#2 seed

P3240232.JPG

magic bud seed

P3240237.JPG

white widow&bb seed

P3240242.JPG

grow tank

P3240243.JPG

this is a shot of uncomplete veg room i will finish it today

wish me luck and the bud gods are favorable :roorrip:

roseman thanks for your help, and i'm sure i will need alot more from you guys as time goes on, any thing i'm missing?:thanks:

i'm freaking out because of where i live but i need this med, and can not afford to buy the stuff from the pharmicy, i will not sell any just for my meds, i think i will be ok

Re: scaredeecat first grow whitewidow&bb, magic bud, critical jack, moby dick#2

well it looks like my temp will be to high, time to get some exaust going
how big of fan do i need? no seeds in yet still in paper
oh area is 4'x2'x7'tall

P3250244.JPG

well it looks like my temp will be to high, time to get some exaust going
how big of fan do i need? no seeds in yet still in paper
oh area is 4'x2'x7'tall

P3250244.JPG

Very neat and clean looking setup, and nice genetics.

Um - does that say 114.8 ? If so you need two, three or four small fans.

As you noted you have 4'x2'x7' = 56cf

1- Circulation Fan. - Small 6" wall mounted to circulate air inside the cabinet. Super important to help avoid mold or powdery mildew.

2 - Exhaust Fan - Handles Temperature and Humidity. Super important. The goal with small spaces usually is to be able to duct the entire space in 5 minutes tops. So if you have 56 cf to get rid of you only need about 10cfm to evacuate it - IF there's no resistance. So basically any fan will do it for you for an Exhaust Fan if you can mount it on the wall and blow out. If it needs to be ducted, then you will need to allow for any turns. For example a 90degree turn will cost you about 30% efficiency. 180 degrees is about 50% and they are cumulative. So if you bend it in a U and around a corner - all of a sudden a 130CFM fan is only pulling 20% of that = 25 to 40 CFM.

3 - Intake fan. Supplies the plants with fresh "air" - actually they need fresh CO2. Optional for you probably - if you need one - use a computer fan. For this size a hole cut at the bottom with ducting as a light baffle will work. Here you are not subject to the bends and curves restrictions if exhaust fans. In other words if you cut a hole in the side of your cabinet - it will let in plenty of air, but also let out plenty of light (or CO2). If you just take black ducting (spray paint some if you need) then put it inside and bend it in a U - it will still work fine for an intake and will kill the light going out. This will not work to keep in CO2 - for that you need a real baffle.

4 - Carbon filter or Lights exhaust. If you are using a carbon filter or Ducted lighting, you can either allocate another fan or combine some in one path. For example - hang the carbon filter from the roof inside the box, then duct from the filter to your light - then out the exhaust - 3 fans in 1. Put a speed control on the fan to save money and make it quieter, and throw a day/nite temp/humidity sensor in there for the ultimate, or you can put it on the same timer as the lights. This works great if you are not using CO2. If you are using CO2 then you will need to duct your lights from the outside, and scrub the filter with its own fan inside. And remember - it also means the carbon filter won't be removing smell when the lights are off - and my plants tend to stink more at night than in day.

So - quick summary:

1 - Circulation fan - little wall mounted 6" to blow air around inside the box.
2 - Exhaust - To SUCK air out of the box. This will likely be your biggest fan. Should be sure to have it oversized, and if it is serving as exhaust from your lights - use the manufacturer's suggestion cfm for the light (usually about 100-130 cfm per 1K). EDIT: I was re-reading this and realized that if its not attached to your lights, then a Squirrel fan BLOWING OUT would work perfectly if you can mount it on the side of your cabinet. Very efficient but they are louder. If you get one get the Dayton, the others don't let you use variable speed.
3 - Intake - Can likely be passive (a hole) - otherwise all you need is just enough to PUSH OR PULL in sufficient CO2 to the plants from the outside world.
4 - Extra fans to accommodate more complicated setups. If you need one you'll know.

Lookin good. GL with the air - it can be a real pain in small spaces.

+Reps for doing it before you started the seeds!

:welldone::peace::rollit:

Very neat and clean looking setup, and nice genetics.

1- Circulation Fan. - Small 6" wall mounted to circulate air inside the cabinet. Super important to help avoid mold or powdery mildew.

2 - Exhaust Fan - Handles Temperature and Humidity. Super important. The goal with small spaces usually is to be able to duct the entire space in 5 minutes tops. So if you have 56 cf to get rid of you only need about 10cfm to evacuate it - IF there's no resistance. So basically any fan will do it for you for an Exhaust Fan if you can mount it on the wall and blow out. If it needs to be ducted, then you will need to allow for any turns. For example a 90degree turn will cost you about 30% efficiency. 180 degrees is about 50% and they are cumulative. So if you bend it in a U and around a corner - all of a sudden a 130CFM fan is only pulling 20% of that = 25 to 40 CFM.

3 - Intake fan. Supplies the plants with fresh "air" - actually they need fresh CO2. Optional for you probably - if you need one - use a computer fan. For this size a hole cut at the bottom with ducting as a light baffle will work. Here you are not subject to the bends and curves restrictions if exhaust fans. In other words if you cut a hole in the side of your cabinet - it will let in plenty of air, but also let out plenty of light (or CO2). If you just take black ducting (spray paint some if you need) then put it inside and bend it in a U - it will still work fine for an intake and will kill the light going out. This will not work to keep in CO2 - for that you need a real baffle.

4 - Carbon filter or Lights exhaust. If you are using a carbon filter or Ducted lighting, you can either allocate another fan or combine some in one path. For example - hang the carbon filter from the roof inside the box, then duct from the filter to your light - then out the exhaust - 3 fans in 1. Put a speed control on the fan to save money and make it quieter, and throw a day/nite temp/humidity sensor in there for the ultimate, or you can put it on the same timer as the lights. This works great if you are not using CO2. If you are using CO2 then you will need to duct your lights from the outside, and scrub the filter with its own fan inside. And remember - it also means the carbon filter won't be removing smell when the lights are off - and my plants tend to stink more at night than in day.

So - quick summary:

1 - Circulation fan - little wall mounted 6" to blow air around inside the box.
2 - Exhaust - To SUCK air out of the box. This will likely be your biggest fan. Should be sure to have it oversized, and if it is serving as exhaust from your lights - use the manufacturer's suggestion cfm for the light (usually about 100-130 cfm per 1K). EDIT: I was re-reading this and realized that if its not attached to your lights, then a Squirrel fan BLOWING OUT would work perfectly if you can mount it on the side of your cabinet. Very efficient but they are louder. If you get one get the Dayton, the others don't let you use variable speed.
3 - Intake - Can likely be passive (a hole) - otherwise all you need is just enough to PUSH OR PULL in sufficient CO2 to the plants from the outside world.
4 - Extra fans to accommodate more complicated setups. If you need one you'll know.

Lookin good. GL with the air - it can be a real pain in small spaces.

+Reps for doing it before you started the seeds!

thanks papa green

i tought it would be a good idea to do a test run berfore commiting the seed:thanks:

well i got my veg area done today, still working on heat issue, going to go get the fans monday, is there anything else i missing, got the nutes grow big and tiger bloom , my ph is 6.4 just waiting to install ventilation on monday:bongrip:

P3270246.JPG

got ventilation installed today , so i'll watch temps close to see if it helps
got 240 cfm coming in fresh air and 240 cfm going out.

this in inlet
P3290248.JPG

this is outlet
P3290247.JPG

well even with ventilation the temps were still sky high, so i got a portable a/c and now my temps are 70-75 , i thought with cfls i would not have a proplem with temp in that box but i did, the 4 foot flour was hot too, but there nice and cool now:yahoo:

well i have babys cj and md2 coming along fine , i can see the top of one mb, ww-bb still have not seen

the ph is at 5.4 :yummy:
temp is at 70

humidty is at 40%

water temp is at 70

am i ok?

P3300250.JPG

P3300249.JPG

very neat and clean looking setup, and nice genetics.

1- circulation fan. - small 6" wall mounted to circulate air inside the cabinet. Super important to help avoid mold or powdery mildew.

2 - exhaust fan - handles temperature and humidity. Super important. The goal with small spaces usually is to be able to duct the entire space in 5 minutes tops. So if you have 56 cf to get rid of you only need about 10cfm to evacuate it - if there's no resistance. So basically any fan will do it for you for an exhaust fan if you can mount it on the wall and blow out. If it needs to be ducted, then you will need to allow for any turns. For example a 90degree turn will cost you about 30% efficiency. 180 degrees is about 50% and they are cumulative. So if you bend it in a u and around a corner - all of a sudden a 130cfm fan is only pulling 20% of that = 25 to 40 cfm.

3 - intake fan. Supplies the plants with fresh "air" - actually they need fresh co2. Optional for you probably - if you need one - use a computer fan. For this size a hole cut at the bottom with ducting as a light baffle will work. Here you are not subject to the bends and curves restrictions if exhaust fans. In other words if you cut a hole in the side of your cabinet - it will let in plenty of air, but also let out plenty of light (or co2). If you just take black ducting (spray paint some if you need) then put it inside and bend it in a u - it will still work fine for an intake and will kill the light going out. This will not work to keep in co2 - for that you need a real baffle.

4 - carbon filter or lights exhaust. If you are using a carbon filter or ducted lighting, you can either allocate another fan or combine some in one path. For example - hang the carbon filter from the roof inside the box, then duct from the filter to your light - then out the exhaust - 3 fans in 1. Put a speed control on the fan to save money and make it quieter, and throw a day/nite temp/humidity sensor in there for the ultimate, or you can put it on the same timer as the lights. This works great if you are not using co2. If you are using co2 then you will need to duct your lights from the outside, and scrub the filter with its own fan inside. And remember - it also means the carbon filter won't be removing smell when the lights are off - and my plants tend to stink more at night than in day.

So - quick summary:

1 - circulation fan - little wall mounted 6" to blow air around inside the box.
2 - exhaust - to suck air out of the box. This will likely be your biggest fan. Should be sure to have it oversized, and if it is serving as exhaust from your lights - use the manufacturer's suggestion cfm for the light (usually about 100-130 cfm per 1k). Edit: I was re-reading this and realized that if its not attached to your lights, then a squirrel fan blowing out would work perfectly if you can mount it on the side of your cabinet. Very efficient but they are louder. If you get one get the dayton, the others don't let you use variable speed.
3 - intake - can likely be passive (a hole) - otherwise all you need is just enough to push or pull in sufficient co2 to the plants from the outside world.
4 - extra fans to accommodate more complicated setups. If you need one you'll know.

Lookin good. Gl with the air - it can be a real pain in small spaces.

+reps for doing it before you started the seeds!

great post! Very informative!

I can already predict this will be a great grow! It is very evident that you have done your homework and study!

I don't understand how some newbies start seeds first, then ask about "how to" and didn't even read a book or study a grow site forum.

You are off to an awesome start!

I've been away with SHINGLES, Strained back, and out of town company, but I am still watching your great grow!

I can already predict this will be a great grow! It is very evident that you have done your homework and study!

I don't understand how some newbies start seeds first, then ask about "how to" and didn't even read a book or study a grow site forum.

You are off to an awesome start!

I've been away with SHINGLES, Strained back, and out of town company, but I am still watching your great grow!

sorry to hear about the shingles and strained back, hope you feel better soon,
i have read your post time and time again and have learned alot from you and others:smokin: if i could remember all i read it would be great, i feel good about this so far and have alot to learn

everything looking good, plants are growing great i think the only one that did not make was the ww@bb on while 4 plants in my space will be enough
will post some picks when i can get out to get some bats for the cam
temp at 70
res temp at 64
ph at 5.8
ppm at 550
hum at 40%

Hows it growing?

growing good just got back from place at river and they look great amazing how much they grew in 2 days. got some bats for cam and will post some pics when i get back from dialisis

Nastysw
Nice to meet ya scaredeecat
All looks ready 4 action.
Feel so comfortable at my sofa

nice to meet ya too
sit back and relax have a :bong:
come back again

well just got in and got some pics

cj
P4190259.JPG

mb