ChillAH's 1st BB X White Widow & Royal Queen Critical Grow

Whats up 420,

Sorry for the lack of updates, work has been crazy and I haven't the drive to update the journal with pics and what not. None the less all is going well, both plants are continuing their flowering. The super silver haze seems to be further along compared to the critical mass. They made 2 weeks this past Saturday, Roya is suffering from crows claw, due to a build up of nitrogen in the soil, i'm hoping it will eventually flush itself out. It is somewhat correcting itself, it was effecting the lower branches but has since left, only the top leaves are still affected at the moment. About a week ago I did trim some of the lower fan leaves, I also tried to eliminate popcorn buds so i removed leaves that blocked out other bud sites. The trimming worked well on Roya, Sil-Via took to it well, but has since grown more leaves to fill in the ones I cut. Debating if i should leave them still or clip them again. There is no smell at the moment, i expect that to start fairly soon sometime this week or by next week. Hairs have really started to come out, more so on the haze than the critical mass. Critical mass has tighter nodes compared to the haze and just overall feels more rugged and durable.

First 2 pics are of the girls tonight. The last 2 are about a week old.

IMG_32595.JPG
IMG_32422.JPG
IMG_32413.JPG
IMG_32608.JPG

Looking gewd, I reckon you should hit up one of the Defol-Gurus for advice. It definitely seems to work wonders and I'll be trying it myself when the time comes. Otherwise you can try to tuck the leaves out of the way, some of the guys prefer that, to keep the mass I suppose..
Are they under an HPS?

Cheers.

-J.

Looking gewd, I reckon you should hit up one of the Defol-Gurus for advice. It definitely seems to work wonders and I'll be trying it myself when the time comes. Otherwise you can try to tuck the leaves out of the way, some of the guys prefer that, to keep the mass I suppose..
Are they under an HPS?

Cheers.

-J.

Thanks I will take ur advice on that. Yea the girls are going good just trying to maximize my yield for my space. Thanks for stopping by and sharing some advice appreciate it.

Yoop yoop! Now it gets exciting!
I just saw my first hairs and started one of mine on flower nutes. Yeww!

-J.

EDIT: I found this article looking for defol info for myself and found it contained a plethora of other info as well.
Enjoy. Some of our fellow 420 members truly are puffing at the seams with knowledge..
KingJohnC-tips from veg defol to the drying rack

I am having some pH problems with my RQS. the new transplanted soil is highly acidic out of the bag. it was FFOF, i just added more perlite and some dolo lime to balance the pH, the plant was sick so i flushed her and tested the pH run off about 3-4 times. Each time the acidity was about 4.0-5.0. could someone chime in please and tell me how to properly adjust pH. I really dont want to lose my 2nd plant.

Dolomite lime due to the length of time to its availability is not the best choice as a calcium source for cannabis plants, a better calcium supplement would be gypsum or calcium sulfate. Epsom Salts or magnesium sulfate at 1 teaspoon per gallon can be used as a magnesium and sulfate supplement.

Don't think I have the "green thumb" so to speak. Can someone confirm if Fox farms ocean forest is bad for seedlings, and would be better for maybe clones. Would happy frog be a better choice?

FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil has too many nutrients for germinating seeds and small seedlings, FoxFarm Happy Frog soil would be a better choice.

Sup fellow tokers,

Been a little busy haven't gotten a chance to update. Well I last gave her a watering on Sunday night, she could have held out until I think about Monday mid-afternoon but I knew I wouldn't get home until a lot later than that. So i gave her a watering and tested the run-off, my Ph was off and I was trying to balance it out, but I MADE THAT A HUGE DISASTER!. No matter what I did the soil was jumping back and forth between acidic and basic. I got worried about this and ended up just flushing her with 6 cups of water, but man her leaves were beginning to wilt right in front of me cause of so much water. So after the 6 cups of water I just put her back in the tent and turned my lights onto 100% power, pulled the light up some, and left them on all night so she would have a good chance of bouncing back. Sure enough that morning she was looking good as new, and she has been growing since.

Now on to this pH issue, I am not good at trying to balancing the pH in the soil. So i did some research and found out about some "Dolomite Lime", it helps to balance the pH in the soil so I shouldn't have to adjust it when I do my feedings.

So my plan for this is after I give RQS Critical her next light nute feeding I will transplant her into her final pot (3.5 gallon) to finish up her grow. Now when I prep the new soil in the new pot I will mix the dolomite lime according to the instructions on the bag. I hope this fixes my pH levels moving forward. From what I have read others have used it and never had a pH issue ever again. Now on to the pics! lol

Qwik side note:Gotta say I think wrote this pretty well, I vaped right before I sat down to type this lol. Had some "Alien Kush X Candy Kush"

These pics are from the other day. Nothing much to see but she does have some good leaf growth going.
IMG_28666.jpg
IMG_28676.jpg

These pics were taken about an hr ago. She has more leaf growth but I am noticing the 1st set of true leaves are starting to turn a very light green, like a lime. Does anyone know if this is normal? Also the cotyledon leaves are starting to turn yellow too. Also does anyone know if she should be a little taller? The light is about 2.5 ft from her and she isn't stretching, but the leaf growth seems a little compact ,no?
IMG_28784.jpg
IMG_28745.jpg
IMG_28733.jpg

Does anyone think she may be showing signs of Nitrogen deficiency?

When the cotyledon leaves green color begins to fade and yellow this is a sign of either low nitrogen or low light. You should also add more medium to your pots to support the stems of your plants better.

Wuts up Folks,

Quick update, i topped the girls last night. I am hoping to get 4 tops on each of the plants. It is interesting to see how topping has altered the growth of Sil-Via, she is pretty shorty and growing more bushy than upwards. As you guys can see in the pics she is much shorter than Roya but the pics do not capture how bushy she is. I also posted a pic to see where I took advice from stealth and topped at the 5th set of leaves I believe it was.

I would like some feedback from you guys on tips on how to prep the ladies for going through flower. I will be flipping that switch towards the end of the month, but is there anything I should be doing nute wise, should the roots still have room for growth to maximize the quality of buds, should i keep LST for the first month and then remove the ties? Any and all help would be great.

I have a much different understanding of defoliation applied at the proper time line to enhance vegetative growth and flowering. You can see examples of how I defoliate and train my plants in my Grow Journals and Reviews. I would defoliate in vegetative growth 10-14 days before flowering to remove excess fan leaves and open more light to branches and nodes that become bud sites and colas. I defoliate in vegetative growth by removing any fan leaves that are excessively shading the branches and nodes to encourage the nodes to grow larger and produce more colas. I use Low Stress Training to tie the branches of my plants to the outer edge of the rim of the pots and each branch becomes its own bud site and cola. When I defoliate in preparation for flower I leave no more then 4 fan leaves at each growing top and remove the majority of the fan leaves, any fan leaf that shades a top and lower growth, this is a perfect time to select cuttings to root as clones from the plants you are about to place into flower. I defoliate in flower at days 21-25 of flower when the stretch phase has ended by removing lower growth that will not produce anything except for popcorn bud and any fan leaf that shades a bud site and again if required at day 45.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Brainstorm Haze Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review

There is a good example of how I defoliate in this Grow Journal and Review

KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

Sorry folks for the lack of updates, been busy with work. I have been taking care of the girls still. They both have gotten quite big. I plan to start the flowering period this weekend.

I want to do 48hrs of dark and then flip the lights on Monday morning starting the 12/12 cycle. Any other growers have some advice as to what to do

I would not advise giving your cannabis plants a lengthened dark period before flower. The only plant I gave an extended darkness period to before flower developed male pollen sacks, I swear I saw white pistils at the nodes before flower.

Hey guys, these are pics from this morning, yesterday was a full day of darkness and today is day 2 of flower but the first time the 12/12 period will be kicking off. I opened the tent this morning and at the top branch and 2nd to top branch I saw these hairs coming out of Roya. Do you guys think these are the white hairs starting to show already. I know it may be hard under the new light to see whether it is really the white hairs, but they sure look like it to me. Can anyone else give their input too.

image15972.jpg
image15971.jpg

You have a female cannabis plant!

Here are female and male cannabis plants

Male_Female_Cannabis_Plants.jpg

Here is the female cannabis pre flower

The_Early_Female_Preflower.jpg

Thx Polo that's what I thought lol.

Is it me or is it odd that the white hairs would show up just after one day of darkness?

Also minor update I have the girls a feeding this smorning, first feeding with tiger bloom for both plants. Roya def wanted water because she was starting to wilt, I will push her schedule up a day, she seems to be drinking more and more lately. Her new schedule will be every 4 days.

Does anyone have a Jewlers loop they can recommend and the magnification?

Btw are Cvaults good to cure in after the bud has dried? I been thinking of picking one up.

I harvest my cannabis plants by trichome maturity. You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent. I own a Hydrofarm Active Eye 30X jewelers Loupe, Carson Optical MicroMax LED Microscope 60x-100x and a 25X-200X Magnifier USB Digital Microscope Video Camera that I use to take trichome photographs.

Hydrofarm_AEM30_30x_Active_Eye_Loupe.png

Active Eye Loupe, 30X

Carson_Optical_MicroMax_LED_Microscope_60x-100x.png

Here is a Gro1 1.3MP USB LED Digital Microscope 10x & 300x

Gro1 1.3MP USB LED Digital Microscope 10x & 300x - Perfect Gardens

C-vaults are storage containers with a built in compartment to hold a Boveda 62% humidity pack for cannabis curing and storage.

I harvest my cannabis plants by trichome maturity. You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent. I own a Hydrofarm Active Eye 30X jewelers Loupe, Carson Optical MicroMax LED Microscope 60x-100x and a 25X-200X Magnifier USB Digital Microscope Video Camera that I use to take trichome photographs.

Hydrofarm_AEM30_30x_Active_Eye_Loupe.png

Active Eye Loupe, 30X

Carson_Optical_MicroMax_LED_Microscope_60x-100x.png

Here is a Gro1 1.3MP USB LED Digital Microscope 10x & 300x

Gro1 1.3MP USB LED Digital Microscope 10x & 300x - Perfect Gardens

C-vaults are storage containers with a built in compartment to hold a Boveda 62% humidity pack for cannabis curing and storage.

Thx John i actually have purchased the LED microsope 60X-100X, and a 30x jewlers loupe as well.

Sup 420,

The ladies continue to do somewhat good. I am having a bit of trouble trying to keep the leaves green, getting some yellow fan leaves during the flower stage. Hairs continue to come in and on some bud sites have really started to turn from white to an amber color, the fan leaves are also starting to get sticky to the touch. THC continues to come in but is very abundant below the top bud sites on both plants. The critical strain is low in odor, but the silver haze has a very distinct odd odor that i cant place, smells like bud and something else. Cant even describe it correctly cause i have never smelled anything like it before. Anyway on to the pics, the pics with the light on are from tonight. All other pics are from a few days ago.

IMG_33147.jpg
IMG_33164.jpg
IMG_33155.jpg
IMG_33227.jpg
IMG_33204.jpg

Back
Top Bottom