Scrog 24 inches above net

Glookies1

This is Laughing Buddha, a heavily sativa strain that I scrogged, to manage height.

I flipped to flower with a 75% full net and nothing more than 2 or 3 inches above the screen.

I certainly didn’t expect a 24 inch canopy height lol

13C390AF-FFDA-4167-BE4A-6C3B0CBD1891.jpeg

9ECEF8EE-F791-4932-B1EA-DC2F39EF84AB.jpeg

Thanks. The irony is that they scrogged it because it took so many stakes to support when I let it grow naturally. Lol

I’ll end up having it pretty heavily staked at this rate before it finishes.

What are your feeling on adding silica next go round? Does it add enough stalk strength to reduce staking?
It can help, but in my experience it will not eliminate the need for additional vertical support. I use reusable tomato cage kits that I can build right around the plant in a 5 gallon container or larger. These make a narrow plant that is fully supported in its own container so it can move around under the lights and be rotated.

It can help, but in my experience it will not eliminate the need for additional vertical support. I use reusable tomato cage kits that I can build right around the plant in a 5 gallon container or larger. These make a narrow plant that is fully supported in its own container so it can move around under the lights and be rotated.
That was my thought. It might help, but wouldn’t solve the support issue.

Next go round I’ll add a second screen 14 inches above the Scrog net. That should support it enough to eliminate stakes.

Stakes make it hard to water evenly and to take care of the under growth. It’s just helpful to me to be able to reach the underside easily.

Back
Top Bottom