Scrog question?

smokr1

AT WHICH POINT IS THE SCREEN INSTALLED ????? STILL IN VEG. RITE WHEN YOU TURN THEM OVER , MY HEIGHT IS GETTING CLOSE , ANY HELP OR TIPS WOULD BE APPRECIATED THIS IS MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT SCROG , THANKS ..................... SMOKR1 :peace:

AT WHICH POINT IS THE SCREEN INSTALLED ????? STILL IN VEG. RITE WHEN YOU TURN THEM OVER , MY HEIGHT IS GETTING CLOSE , ANY HELP OR TIPS WOULD BE APPRECIATED THIS IS MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT SCROG , THANKS ..................... SMOKR1 :peace:

The screen can be installed at the beginning of the grow. The major decision in ScrOG is when to flip to 12/12 initiating flowering. Many factors can influence that decision. Experience with your strain's growth characteristics will help in deciding the flower initiation date.

So, install your screen and let the plants grow to it, then start your threading of branches. Usually at around 1/3 to 1/2 screen fill, the photoperiod is cut back to 12/12. The initial stretch period should fill in the rest of the screen (with continued training/threading of the branches of course).

Screen should be about 9 to 18 inches from soil/medium level; enough room so you can reach between the plant and screen to do your training.

It is good to do some background reading on ScrOG in the internet. A good place to check is CannaStats. This reference site was created by pH who is attributed with the invention and popularization of the technique.

CannaStats - The ScrOG Technique

It has some links to access old newsgroup postings on the subject back in 1997. Interesting stuff. :goodluck:

Oh yeah, check out my completed grow journals listed in my SIG. Both were ScrOG.

munki ,,,,,,,, thanks for the help ,and the links , iv done a lot of reading on it , i just never caught the time to flip the light , iv never grown this strain , but its really bushy and iv been training the shit out of them , we'll see what happens .................. thanks smokr1 :peace:

munki ,,,,,,,, thanks for the help ,and the links , iv done a lot of reading on it , i just never caught the time to flip the light , iv never grown this strain , but its really bushy and iv been training the shit out of them , we'll see what happens .................. thanks smokr1 :peace:

No problem and glad to help. If unsure about when to flip, it is better to do it earlier than later. Yields may be down some, but the extra space will make it easier to practice all the steps of ScrOG along the way.

MUNKI ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, should i be cutting off fan leaves that are going to contact the screen at first so the shoots can get through the screen easier ?????

MUNKI ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, should i be cutting off fan leaves that are going to contact the screen at first so the shoots can get through the screen easier ?????

No need to be that aggressive. I have heard of a ScrOG user who did not trim at all. However, it is generally accepted to trim below the screen height and I do so in the first two weeks of flower. Just remember that the leaves capture the light as energy to combine CO2 and H2O into C6H12O6 (glucose). This is the base storage of energy for the plant so you need to keep some leaves around for this purpose.

My suggestion is to use your best judgment. Record what you do and photograph it. Then check the results over the next week to two weeks. Observation will be your best tool in figuring out what works best for your grow situation. Hang in there smokr1.

thanKs munki ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i installed the screen today 5/31 , i trimmed them up i couldn't resist their so bushy light wasn't penetrating to well , we will see what happens , after all its nothing but an experiment !!!!!!!!! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, SMOKR1 peace:

thanKs munki ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i installed the screen today 5/31 , i trimmed them up i couldn't resist their so bushy light wasn't penetrating to well , we will see what happens , after all its nothing but an experiment !!!!!!!!! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, SMOKR1 peace:

That's the spirit. Just make sure to document what you did and get photos of the results later on. :goodluck: smokr1.

hey munki ,,,,,,,,,,, they really like the screen its crankin , i have six plants going and 3 are dominant i put them in the back so it will fill first i can see its going to do good , i have pics of everything , im a little computer illiterate , and dont really know how to post, i will make a journal to share when i figure it out ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, peace smokr1

thats what im hoping from what i read and the pics, iv seen it sure looks like its a good way to go , we will see this is my first experiment with the scrog ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thanks for the link dogstick i found that earlier today , to tell you the truth its still alot to take in , iv been in construction my whole life and never really had any use for a computer , ill keep trying and ill figure it out ............................. thanks guys smokr1 :peace:

thats what im hoping from what i read and the pics, iv seen it sure looks like its a good way to go , we will see this is my first experiment with the scrog ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thanks for the link dogstick i found that earlier today , to tell you the truth its still alot to take in , iv been in construction my whole life and never really had any use for a computer , ill keep trying and ill figure it out ............................. thanks guys smokr1 :peace:

You'll get it. Computers are infinitely patient as long as they get their steady diet of electricity!

rite on dogstick , i use trial and error method on the computer ill figure it out im almost there , you will like my grow ,,,,,,,fosho ,,,,,,,, its kickin ass fillin the screen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, smokr2 :peace:

Nice, I find it easiest to open two screens, one from my photos and the other the page you will be posting on. Then you can go back and fourth and paste, makes it much easier. Good luck and love the scrogs. If you look at my aurora grow going on you can see what a failed attempt on scrog looks like. lol. I think it will be much easier from clones and maybe a smaller number of plants. My girls are from seeds and I topped them but not the right call for 5 plants in a 3'11 by 3'11 area. The biggest factor I think it timing. With my sito I didnt want to put them into bloom so early so I lagged and now regret it but either way the screen still helps for support. Lets see those pics. post a link to your journal if your going that way. Good luck

Regarding Scrog: I was wondering about "the threading of the branches" Let me get this straight: you keep the apical end horizontal and line up the nodes under each square of the screen. You dont let the apical end go vertical until it reaches the final square. I am confused about the exact process of when and how to thread the branches through the squares if you even do that. Could you explain the process in more detail for my denseness. Pictures dont always show the detail. Thanks, Seeker

you want to let it grow up through the screen like 3 or 4 inches and pull it back down and let the shoot to grow horizontal along the screen with the nodes growing up through the holes in the screen , this is my first attempt at scrog so my knowlage is limited to this experiance , munki and dogstick may be able to help you out their experianced with it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, smokr1 :peace:

Do you weave it through the squares or just pull the whole 4 inches down and line up the nodes on the horizontal through the squares? Is there a potential for damage to the leaves or nodes? Thank you so much , Seeker

smokr1 had it right. Let the shoots grow up 2 - 4 inches above the screen, then pull them back under and re-adjust them so that branches can reach the holes in the screen. Let them grow out some more then pull them back under the screen again. After a few weeks, the stretching will slow. At that time, you should position the branches out to their final spots trying to evenly space them out. After that, it is mostly watching, waiting, and waiting .... If your watering / feeding is automated, you can go days without visiting the grow.

Back
Top Bottom