Needing advice on LST and Scrog

OzBuddy

Hey guys
I recently posted a few questions about scrog netting and got some great responses, which have helped a lot.
but now I have a few more questions I would love some help with.
Ive just started week 3 of the Veg cycle and the 5 ladies (I hope) are in 20lt buckets with coco and clay balls about a 70/30 mix and watering every second day (drain to waste) I have been attempting to use LST to train them out which is working well they are approximately 25cm tall and 35cm across the tops
heres a picture from about a week ago (they have grown heaps since)
20150821_215439.jpg

I will update pictures asap

Now my questions are
1- when I place the screen for the scrog do I remove the ties for the LST to now use the screen in replace
2- im still probably a week or so off wanting to place the screen and the girls are aĺl so dence with growth I worry that it is to dense lol is there such thing? I have attempted to count how many branches or tops? There are on each and there are more then 20 on 4 of them does this sound about right for the height?

Thanks for reading and any info is good info as this id my first grow

Cheers

I could never wrap my head around people growing so many plants in such tight spaces, it just doesn't compute for me. I realize this isn't much help, but curiosity got the best of me so please answer this will ya; Why? I mean, lookong at your photo I'd grow one big fat plant that's it ;)

PS Actually I think I know why, the tent sellers market their wares with photos of tents loaded with seedlings. It's deceptive marketing IMHO.

1- yes, remove the ties when you put the screen on. The screen is used to support/arrange the tips after that. Anything that is above the screen when you put it on can become useable budding plant, but the ones that don't reach the screen probably won't make it and are generally trimmed after the stretch (3 weeks after flip to 12/12). I put my screen on my plants at the time I move them to the flowering room, for practical reasons.

2- don't worry about the density. It will sort itself out after the screen goes on. Like I said- anything under the screen gets cut eventually. The branches above can be weaved and tied down however you like. If there are too many you can trim some off- but by looking at your pics from a week ago I doubt if there's any issue at all. I regularly put screens on extremely bushy plants and it all works out.

*i like growing larger plants too but I see scrogs like yours in the forum all the time and can't see any real problem with doing it the way you are

Adjust your lights for helping dense growth. Farther away lets plants stretch a little and close will keep them tight.

I could never wrap my head around people growing so many plants in such tight spaces, it just doesn't compute for me. I realize this isn't much help, but curiosity got the best of me so please answer this will ya; Why? I mean, lookong at your photo I'd grow one big fat plant that's it ;)

PS Actually I think I know why, the tent sellers market their wares with photos of tents loaded with seedlings. It's deceptive marketing IMHO.

Thanks for ur input que
my grow tent is actually 2.4m x 1.2m x 2.1m high. When this picture was taken the plants weewere still rather small so what I did was use the floor tray as somewhat of a wall to make the area smaller in the hope to help with light reflectivity,im not sure if it does? just seemed to make sense to me lol. Since they have gotten bigger I have given them more space and they are using approx 3.4 of the area now. I also ran with 5 plants as the seed unknown bag seed so I am expecting to get a male or 2 which will mean I will only be completing 3 or 4 plants.
I hope this has cleared up ur questions and I will post another picture of the latest set up soon
thanks for the input

1- yes, remove the ties when you put the screen on. The screen is used to support/arrange the tips after that. Anything that is above the screen when you put it on can become useable budding plant, but the ones that don't reach the screen probably won't make it and are generally trimmed after the stretch (3 weeks after flip to 12/12). I put my screen on my plants at the time I move them to the flowering room, for practical reasons.

2- don't worry about the density. It will sort itself out after the screen goes on. Like I said- anything under the screen gets cut eventually. The branches above can be weaved and tied down however you like. If there are too many you can trim some off- but by looking at your pics from a week ago I doubt if there's any issue at all. I regularly put screens on extremely bushy plants and it all works out.

*i like growing larger plants too but I see scrogs like yours in the forum all the time and can't see any real problem with doing it the way you are

Thanks cracker
they were pretty well the answers I needed
ive added some more pictures now so hope that helps

Adjust your lights for helping dense growth. Farther away lets plants stretch a little and close will keep them tight.

Thanks CO

Light distance is something I have been looking at I have 2x 600w mh lights and currently have them lifted to approximately 50cm above the canopy I did have them at approximately 35cm in the past does this sound ok?

Back
Top Bottom