Scrog screen size of sqaure?

Curiousnoob

Hello, I'm hoping some of you awesome peoples can give me some of your advice/experience on the different types of screens people have used for scrogging for instance the material they use and the size of the square spacing.

In my previous two grows I used a mesh that is thin welded wire that is PVC coated. The square spacing was 50mm x 50mm it worked very well for me and gave a great uniform canopy. It was a little tricky feeding heads back through but still manageable. This time I'm thinking of using 100mm x 100mm to see if there is a difference in canopy uniform and to see how much easier it will be in positioning branches/stems. If you could drop a lime and tell me about some of the experiences you have had it would be great. Cheers.
20191026_154113.jpg

Hello, I'm hoping some of you awesome peoples can give me some of your advice/experience on the different types of screens people have used for scrogging for instance the material they use and the size of the square spacing.

In my previous two grows I used a mesh that is thin welded wire that is PVC coated. The square spacing was 50mm x 50mm it worked very well for me and gave a great uniform canopy. It was a little tricky feeding heads back through but still manageable. This time I'm thinking of using 100mm x 100mm to see if there is a difference in canopy uniform and to see how much easier it will be in positioning branches/stems. If you could drop a lime and tell me about some of the experiences you have had it would be great. Cheers.
20191026_154113.jpg
I'm going to go with the 100mm it will be supportive and give room to move.

Just mho

That is awesome @Gazoo! What material do you use for the netting?

Thanks

Yup just cheap plastic coated speaker wire, gets really cheap when in bulk or when
stores go out of business :)

I did a few changes to the set-up The net is now set at 21" below the HID base
and the net legs are now secured on the pot rim with locking conduit nuts

Using the individual nets makes it much easier to remove or adjust plants in tent
Also if you only pull the branches UNDER the net and DON'T Weave them over and under
you will be able to even remove the net later in flower, I normally take it off for a day or two
before harvest to let things stretch out a bit, makes harvest a bit easier

Link to the Build
DIY Rim Mount Scrog Net

Back
Top Bottom