Seattle HempFest

projectpeace

High to all yall,

I've been honored with an invite to speak at Hempfest for the third time, in August. I'll be cruisin north from SF to Seattle in Mercy, my new old '84 turbo biodiesel.

I'd like to rig it with on-board hydrogen production and injection for the trip. I'll be showing off my ride and taking mileage notes when I get to Hempfest see y'all there!:bong:

Welcome to 420, :welcome:such a peaceful and informative site.

I live near the east coast, so of course, I can't go or help you.

You've found a very helpful site, well versed in knowledge about growing, legalization, medical uses, and even info on cooking with herb! Indoor, Outdoor, Soil, or Hydro (I'm a bubbles grower) CFLs, or HID lights, it is ALL here!

And the most helpful MODs you've ever met! Just ask one or any member here for guidance! Look for The Butcher, Pit Viper, or Mostly Crazy, they are very knowledgable. OldMedicineMan has a great thread of information too! :thumb:

The home Page is divided into Forums with Topic Titles. Those Forums are divided into THREADS, and those THREADS are divided into POSTS. You started a THREAD in the Forum INTRODUCE YOURSELF and the replies are additonal POSTS in your THREAD.
I wish someone had explained that to me my first day.

Peace I hope to see you around the forums. :peacetwo:

Namaste Roseman,

Thanks for taking the time to send intro & posting info.

Whoops! I thought I'd already introduced myself in another section, but I guess maybe I didn't...okay, let's see...

I'm a long-time Cannabis scholar. I learned about the true value of Cannabis by seeing Chris Conrad (wearing a three-cornered hat) talking about all the things hemp could do, while watching TV ("The '90s") in 1991, while serving as director for Sea Shepherd Hawaii on Maui. I immediately turned responsibility for Sea Shepherd over to my friend Tim Carr, and founded Project P.E.A.C.E. in November of 1991. Some highlights of my attempts to end prohibition, as a sovereign individual, are:

-- On January 1st, 1992 I coordinated and carried out a public planting of Cannabis under the giant banyon tree in Lahaina, Maui. Prior to planting I sent a six-page long formal challenge the State Attorney General (Warren Price), to take responsibility for the true value of Cannabis, beyond the rightful jurisdiction of any court. He didn't respond, we planted and demanded to be arrested for something that can't possibly be truly illegal. We weren't. In fact, the Maui cops were totally supportive!

With the help of Roger Christie & friends, we peacefully demonstrated our individual responsibility, appreciation and reverence for the Cannabis plant in all its forms and uses. Roger read a statement by Dr. Roberta Hamilton (UCLA) that detailed the unique and essential nutritional value of hemp seed, and presented loads of information and displayed samples of hemp products. CNN covered the event and it was broadcast nationally.

I wrote the Hawaii Economic Maximizing Plan (H.E.M.P.) detailing the need to convert from sugar cane to organic hemp farming in order to make Hawaii energy self-sufficient and eliminate ag chemical pollution washing into the ocean (clearly a violation of the Marine Mammal Protection Act). I delivered the plan to then Mayor Linda Lingle personally. No response.

-- On Earth Day in April 1993 (after formally challenging Attorney General Dan Lungren) I challenged the jurisdiction of the court again, by publicly planting on the steps of the California State Capitol, with the help of the Sacramento Green Party and Richard Davis. The event was broadcast by Channel 13 TV and KUBA radio in Yuba City.

-- In 1994 I wrote the "Limit of Law" published in the Hayfork Dragoon, and Holy Smoke! magazine, an essay that made the case for the unique and essential value of Cannabis.

In case you're wondering, the limit of law is love. Anyone will break any law for love.

-- September 1996, defended myself and was convicted of tax-protesting in Federal Tax Court (SF) for refusing to give money to a government that puts people in jail for growing an uniquely effective herbal therapeutic. Refused to pay.

--October 1996, Left the US for Amsterdam, where I lived for two years. During that time I helped start Green Prisoners Release Amsterdam, that became the Cannabis College. I wrote "The Fundamental Challenge of Our Time" which was translated into Nederlans and adopted as the manifesto for the College.

Photographed the Cannabis Diva series in Holland.

2003 -- Began filming the documentary "Return to Reason" in Holland, France, Belgium, Switzerland and Mexico, featuring the European hemp industry, parts of the Cannabis culture and the international drug policy reform effort to end prohibition.

Working with ENCOD in Europe, I named the "Freedom to Farm" campaign, was invited to speak at the European Parliament, have been interviewed on Dutch National television and have written extensively regarding the impact of prohibition on food security and nutrition. Have introduced hemp seed nutrition into United Nations Global Forum on Food Security and Nutrition hosted by the UN Food & Agriculture Organization (which still doesn't recognize hemp seed as food for humans).

2004 I worked with the Core Group helping to coordinate Hempfest that year.

2007 Founded the California Cannabis Ministry when my son was born, recognizing the profound and sacred traditions of agriculture, reclaiming legal protections afforded by the First Amendment, substantive due process, strict scrutiny, etc.

2007 I figured out the relevance of "radiative forcing" (studies were done on boreal forests in Sweden) and Cannabis agriculture's potential for atmospheric "monoterpene" production as a means of mitigating climate changes, both global warming and global broiling (increasing UV-B radiation).

Ongoing development of legal strategies and media presentations.

2008 & 2009 Invited to speak at Seattle Hempfest!

2010 Invited back to Hempfest again this year!! Will be presenting a rationale for essential civilian demand for a known "strategic resource," backed by six American Presidents who have signed Executive Orders recognizing hemp as critical to national security, potentiating a lawsuit for "misprision of treason" for failing to act.

That's why I have to get to Seattle. As far as I can tell, no one else is talking about the most direct, time-efficient way to end Cannabis prohibition. How can any court have rightful jurisdiction over any natural resource that is known to be both unique and essential?

If people want Cannabis freedom, rather than a Monsanto monopoly on GMO hemp, then the necessary shift in values needs to happen before the November elections. If Cannabis control legislation passes in California and other states, then rightful jurisdiction will have beenconcededby popular vote.

If we let the same dysfunctional, politically corrupt & economically insolvent bureaucracy that lied and cheated to keep Cannabis out of reach for more than seven decades assume jurisdiction, then we are giving away far too much. Do you need permission (that will never come) from the DEA to eat the world's most nutritious seed, fresh from your garden?

Our freedom to farm "every herb bearing seed" is the first test of religious freedom. Cannabis isn't illegal, it's essential to mankind's sustainable existence on this planet.

Rules, regulations and statutes will continue to be imposed over the Constitutional protection afforded by our spiritual connection to agriculture, unless we reclaim our self-evident, inalienable, "god-given" rights.

Time is the limiting factor in the equation of survival. If you know anyone who's got resources to invest in alternative fuels and organic agriculture, please remind them that there is no money on a burned-out planet.

There's probably more to write, but it's late and I am quite sore, frustrated & tired. I trust this will serve to introduce my work. Thanks for considering.

Thanks Roseman,

I appreciate your encouragement. I truly do.

While I do what I can as long as I can, there's a limit to what I can do without help.

Now that I'm a proud Papa of a beautiful little man (homeborn on Thomas Jefferson's birthday!), my activist life has tightened up, even as the urgency of the situation intensifies.

As we approach synergistic collapse of environment, economics, and social structures, time has become increasingly precious. Every spring planting season that passes is gone forever. We've already missed the early planting for 2010, and we're just about to miss another one, the late season in California.

These are critical mistakes that will ultimately effect everyone. It's depressing to have so much to offer without being able to find anyone who is willing and able to support essential civilian demand for Cannabis in a way that helps me get to the next step.

After failing at raising support for Hemp Legacy Week in May, I tumbled through the pain & turmoil of breaking with my boy's momma this spring. I'm recovering from personal upheaval that saps my strength when I need it most.

I received a letter today from California Attorney General Brown's Public Inquiry Unit. They sent a generic reply to my registered mail request to meet with him. It looks like I'll have to file suit (in a non-objective court) against the AG for misprision of treason to be heard.

If you know anyone who sees the potential of investing in "Gaiatherapeutic" industries, I can present a compelling case for converting from toxic petrodollars to healing hemp-based values.

In the immediate, until hemp becomes a reality, see the 420 gallery for a few samples of my Cannabis photography.

Thanks again for your kind encouragement.

Best rushes,

PvH

Back
Top Bottom