Second first post and first grow

whatsaguitar

I accidentally uploaded this to the FAQ section (like an idiot). So I'll try this again!

Hey everyone. This is my first post on this forum and is also my first time growing. I spent 2 years browsing forums, reading books, and watching YouTube videos before I decided to give it a go. It wasn't until I found out someone I knew was doing it so I thought: "why not me?" I ended up going with Next Generation's Dynamite for my first attempt. I started them out in rockwool and then transplanted them into hydroton. I do have one question: how often should I be watering now that they're in hydroton? Does the rockwool starter cube retain a enough water to decrease feeding frequency? I ask because I try to time how long it takes my plant to wilt before I feed it again and it looks as if it went 12 hours without wilting and I thought I would have to feed more often than that in hydroton. Anyways, any input/advice would be appreciated!

20160217_094328.jpg

I'm in for this, as I'm going to start a dwc grow in a few days.

What lighting are you using? specs of your tent, etc?

Hey Xenonrae,

Thanks for the response! Right now I have a 32x32x63 tent and am running a 400w solistek ballast in it. I have a a 6 inch exhaust and 4 inch intake fan to help with the temperature. It's around 80 lights on and 68 lights off. I'm using GH nutrients Grow-Micro-Bloom in 3-2-1 ml/gal . I'm also using: Armor-Si 1 ml/gal, Cali-magic 4 ml/gal, and Florablend 3 ml/gal. I use RO water also. Lastly, I've been using Recharge beneficial bacteria at 1/4 tsp per liter of RO water and feed each plant 8 oz every other day. Oh, and Dutch Master liquid light and saturator twice a week lol. That should be everything, I think!

Hey Xenonrae,

Thanks for the response! Right now I have a 32x32x63 tent and am running a 400w solistek ballast in it. I have a a 6 inch exhaust and 4 inch intake fan to help with the temperature. It's around 80 lights on and 68 lights off. I'm using GH nutrients Grow-Micro-Bloom in 3-2-1 ml/gal . I'm also using: Armor-Si 1 ml/gal, Cali-magic 4 ml/gal, and Florablend 3 ml/gal. I use RO water also. Lastly, I've been using Recharge beneficial bacteria at 1/4 tsp per liter of RO water and feed each plant 8 oz every other day. Oh, and Dutch Master liquid light and saturator twice a week lol. That should be everything, I think!

I'm jealous of your ability to keep your area cool- I'm actually considering switching to led >.>
Welcome to :420:
This is a wonderful place chock full of OG and New info(;

I'm jealous of your ability to keep your area cool- I'm actually considering switching to led >.>
Welcome to :420:
This is a wonderful place chock full of OG and New info(;

Looking back at how much money this has cost me I think starting off with LED would have saved me a lot of money in electricity when you consider wattage and temperature control devices that are required with MH and HPS. What do I know though. I'm glad to finally be actively learning from this community though!

Looking back at how much money this has cost me I think starting off with LED would have saved me a lot of money in electricity when you consider wattage and temperature control devices that are required with MH and HPS. What do I know though. I'm glad to finally be actively learning from this community though!

Yeah, I bought a very nice reflector that I might have to put in storage until we move and have a bigger area to work in.
I've been looking into the mars 2 1200W.
Puts out a true wattage of around 550.

7 days later and just wanted to provide another picture update. I can't believe how quickly they're growing!
20160224_112039.jpg

Looking very nice!
They're growing like weeds, eh? :rofl:

I actually purchased that Mars panel, should be here tomorra! :Namaste:

I was away for the weekend and came back to find them even bigger. I'm still coming to terms with how quickly these things grow. I also managed to grab another 7x7 pot to transplant one that was still in a 5x5 pot. I was honestly expecting the 7x7 to be the final size for these to end up in. Is that an unrealistic expectation? Thanks in advance for any input!

20160228_160427.jpg
20160228_160928.jpg

Back
Top Bottom