Second week flowering

Arandombeast

420 Member
Nitrogen deficiency? One of the newly sprouting future colas in the center has shot up about four inches this week alone, but as this is my first grow I'm careful before adding unnecessary nutrients. Haven't fed it anything but pH balanced water until (maybe) now. The light is also not the problem. Temp and RH are carefully maintained at healthy levels. Fox Farms soil.

Somebody save this lil babeh :eek:

Here's a picture of the soil. I cut the root pouch about a week ago to look at the roots and they seemed a bit small, but weren't browned out and rotten. These leaves are really dying quickly..

This is just a picture to better compare the dying leaves with the seemingly healthy ones right beside them.

So I hadn't flushed the soil once yet, but not having added nutes I figured I wouldn't need to. The runoff pH'd at about 5.0....god dammit right? I flushed with 7.0 tap water, then I went ahead and busted out the nutes kit and I added 1/2 of each of the recommended for soil doses in water that came out to 6.5 after mixing. After adding the water the run off pH'd at a little over 6, and now I wait.

Sorry for the long gap everyone, losing family is a bitch. Anyways, @helpplease855 I have a lot of strips as well as some drop kits for pH testing, and use generic Flora Series nutes. @natureman I water about every one and a half days as that's about how long it takes for the soil to dry up inside the aerated root bag. I continued to check the pH runoff and after about two weeks of decay, I learned more about pot size. My plant had said fuck the dry-ish soil near the edges of my root bag and pushed right into them and was trying to grow into the root bag even. This was causing terribly fast browning of all older leaves and was working its way up. Since my plant was about 3.5 feet tall at the onset of visible problems, the two gallon bag wasn't enough. I transplanted it into a seven gallon bag and after a couple days the problems stopped entirely. Granted, some damage was done and time lost, but I'm pleased that it's much healthier now. Its standing at 4'4" and has three weeks left to flower. I haven't gotten around to picking up an HPS light, and plan to finish this grow under only MH. I'll flush the soil and stop feeding the plant in a couple days to avoid this 'nute taste' I've read about.

Tell ya what though, for all the problems of a first ever grow, this tent smells fucking gooooooood ;) It's a super pungent acidic citric sweetness and it stains anything the plant comes in contact with (namely my hands). I'll take some pictures here in the next couple hours when I'm free and edit them into this post. I'll be more responsive in the future as well @Flagirl , was just in a muddy rut after losing a close friend. Happy growing everyone :thumb:

Sorry for the long gap everyone, loss is a bitch. Anyways, @helpplease855 I have a lot of strips as well as some drop kits for pH testing, and use generic Flora Series nutes. @natureman I water about every one and a half days as that's about how long it takes for the soil to dry up inside the aerated root bag. I continued to check the pH runoff and after about two weeks of decay, I learned more about pot size. My plant had said fuck the dry-ish soil near the edges of my root bag and pushed right into them and was trying to grow into the root bag even. This was causing terribly fast browning of all older leaves and was working its way up. Since my plant was about 3.5 feet tall at the onset of visible problems, the two gallon bag wasn't enough. I transplanted it into a seven gallon bag and after a couple days the problems stopped entirely. Granted, some damage was done and time lost, but I'm pleased that it's much healthier now. Its standing at 4'4" and has three weeks left to flower. I haven't gotten around to picking up an HPS light, and plan to finish this grow under only MH. I'll flush the soil and stop feeding the plant in a couple days to avoid this 'nute taste' I've read about.

Tell ya what though, for all the problems of a first ever grow, this grow tent smells gooooooood ;). I'll take some pictures here in the next couple hours when I'm free and edit them into this post. Happy growing everyone :thumb:

Nice recovery,they look good man.Great job.

Sorry for the long gap everyone, loss is a bitch. Anyways, @helpplease855 I have a lot of strips as well as some drop kits for pH testing, and use generic Flora Series nutes. @natureman I water about every one and a half days as that's about how long it takes for the soil to dry up inside the aerated root bag. I continued to check the pH runoff and after about two weeks of decay, I learned more about pot size. My plant had said fuck the dry-ish soil near the edges of my root bag and pushed right into them and was trying to grow into the root bag even. This was causing terribly fast browning of all older leaves and was working its way up. Since my plant was about 3.5 feet tall at the onset of visible problems, the two gallon bag wasn't enough. I transplanted it into a seven gallon bag and after a couple days the problems stopped entirely. Granted, some damage was done and time lost, but I'm pleased that it's much healthier now. Its standing at 4'4" and has three weeks left to flower. I haven't gotten around to picking up an HPS light, and plan to finish this grow under only MH. I'll flush the soil and stop feeding the plant in a couple days to avoid this 'nute taste' I've read about.

Tell ya what though, for all the problems of a first ever grow, this grow tent smells gooooooood ;). I'll take some pictures here in the next couple hours when I'm free and edit them into this post. Happy growing everyone :thumb:

One more thing,I'm not familiar with the root bags but I grow in fabric pots and they're very forgiving.
You don't have to let the soil dry out completely to water and feed the plants.
I water every other day and feed them on the days I don't water them so I go two days then feed and then I go another two days and water them.
I use molasses in my water,1 tablespoon per gallon.The sugars feed the roots and the soil and you get fatter buds also.

One more thing,I'm not familiar with the root bags but I grow in fabric pots and they're very forgiving.
You don't have to let the soil dry out completely to water and feed the plants.
I water every other day and feed them on the days I don't water them so I go two days then feed and then I go another two days and water them.
I use molasses in my water,1 tablespoon per gallon.The sugars feed the roots and the soil and you get fatter buds also.
Mind if I ask more about the molasses? I've been trying to stuff my brain but there's so many different ways to do different things for different strains. I know because of my sweetheart grandma and her cookies that there are like 3 or 4 different kinds of molasses. So my question is, what kind of molasses has worked well for you? And do you heat it up before mixing? Or just elbow grease it a bit then let it sit?

Mind if I ask more about the molasses? I've been trying to stuff my brain but there's so many different ways to do different things for different strains. I know because of my sweetheart grandma and her cookies that there are like 3 or 4 different kinds of molasses. So my question is, what kind of molasses has worked well for you? And do you heat it up before mixing? Or just elbow grease it a bit then let it sit?
You can buy Grandma's unsulphered molasses from the grocery store,usually by the syrups.
Mix a tablespoon in some warm/hot water,a small glass is fine as long as it all gets mixed into the water,then just add to a gallon of your water and water as usual.

You can buy Grandma's unsulphered molasses from the grocery store,usually by the syrups.
Mix a tablespoon in some warm/hot water,a small glass is fine as long as it all gets mixed into the water,then just add to a gallon of your water and water as usual.

Simple enough, I like it. One more question if you would and thanks for you time btw, but do you stop adding molasses in the final two weeks after the nute flush? Just curious how much of this I could apply to the remaining flower time my babeh has.

Oh! Btw this is an Agent Orange sativa from Jack the Ripper and Orange Velvet, and is 60/40 sativa compared to Agent Orange from Jack the Ripper and Space Queen which is something silly like 80/20 or 75/25 sativa dominant. I don't mind the energy from those strong sativas, but sometimes they can put me inside my own head like when I'm talking to someone I'm attracted to or I might get paranoid when visiting family in a non-legal state. I imagine my ideal buds would be about 60/40, so I'm pretty stoked to see how the finish product turns out :)

Simple enough, I like it. One more question if you would and thanks for you time btw, but do you stop adding molasses in the final two weeks after the nute flush? Just curious how much of this I could apply to the remaining flower time my babeh has.

Oh! Btw this is an Agent Orange sativa from Jack the Ripper and Orange Velvet, and is 60/40 sativa compared to Agent Orange from Jack the Ripper and Space Queen which is something silly like 80/20 or 75/25 sativa dominant. I don't mind the energy from those strong sativas, but sometimes they can put me inside my own head like when I'm talking to someone I'm attracted to or I might get paranoid when visiting family in a non-legal state. I imagine my ideal buds would be about 60/40, so I'm pretty stoked to see how the finish product turns out :)
Yes,you can use throughout your flush.

Back
Top Bottom