Seedling growth

Dubbs

I'm a first time grower, this is my first baby to sprout, growth has seemed to stop for the last three days. I've read that they should have four leafs before transplanting to hydroton. I just can't figure out if they mean these four leafs or if they mean four real leafs. This is just bag seed, I'm doing a test run with it till my northern lights seed gets here. I will be using a drip system with a 2 part nutrient. Am I just being impatient or should this be bigger? I'm running 180 watt 6500K flourescent, I have a fan blowing on it. Not giving it nutes yet since I've read they only need water at this point. I've started in coco. I'll post more pics as I get it together soon. Thanks for your input folks. I've been through a bunch on sites on growing and I've found the most usefull info here.

jane15.JPG

So, the past 2 nights I've given her 8 hours of dark and WOW, SHe's almost doubled in size. I thought you were supposed to leave the light on 24/7 till you started flowering them. I am amazed.

Hey Dubbs,

I'm sprouting some Northern Lights from Nirvana and was wondering if you meant give the little babies some dark?

I agree with Dubbs, I started with lights on 24/7 for my first grow and since have switch to 18/6. Now I am even down to 16/8 and I feel like the plants appreciate some time in the shade. I plan on trying the gas lantern method in the not too distant future as well which is basically just enough light to keep them from flowering.

I be read and watched that it gives time to accumulate food stores.

I'll get a first year, or biology book to find out about the metabolism of plants?

The plant breathes out o2...

2O or O-O

She's moving along well, I just moved her into the drip system and I'm looking for a spurt soon. How long should it be before I top her to get a split?
photo_1_62.JPG

z112.JPG
z33.JPG
z211.JPG

I've just transplanted the 2 week old. I started germinating some northern lights seed on sunday and as of today they are as far along as this plant was after 9 dAYS. I am stoked.

Back
Top Bottom