seedling leaves lighter green

roymac

hi my one of my 2 week old seedlings first set of true leaves have turned a light green colour while the other leaves are still normal. Is this something i should worry about....plant is growing healthily otherwise.

thanks for reading this:peace

That's weird, maybe your connection is too slow? shoot me a PM so I can give you an email address for you to send the pictures so I can take a look and maybe upload them for you.

My connection is good Rodrigo...got a really good wi-fi/broadband system so i'm sure that internet speed aint the problem. I'm kinda busy at the moment but i'll have another go at uploading some pics later. Maybe i'll use the computer to upload! ... i've been trying to upload using my phone....could be something to do with that.
Anyway, i'll keep u up to date when i can....and thanks for your input. I appreciate you taking time to help and hope that all is well where you are.

I've uploaded a couple of pics...in the gallery but don't know how to move then to here.
Maybe you can go there and have a look Rodrigo or tell me how to transfer pics here...Thanks
Del_cotton_candy_1.jpg

Del_cotton_candy_1.jpg

The two biggest factors for light green/yellowing leaves during seedling phase is over-watering or nutrient deficiency. Nutrient lock-out is also possible but highly unlikely unless you are over-feeding your plants. If your soil is wet, let it dry out almost completely between waterings, you can tell when they need water when the pot feels light or the plant is beginning to wilt. This will not harm your plant as long as you don't take it to the extreme. If over-watering isn't an issue, then you can feed your seedlings with a low dose of high N fertilizer, I use Fox Farm Grow Big (6-4-4). I would not feed more than once a week so you don't burn your plants. Increase the dosage as the plant grows and responds to the water/feeding schedule. Don't expect immediate results, it will take some time for your plants to recover, but if you have patience, you will be greatly rewarded for your efforts.

Thanks Colorado High
I have been watering when pots get light and even check with finger to make sure, I haven't been using and fertilizer until today, used half strength .
I will give it a few days and watch what happens.:lot-o-toke:

Thanks again :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom