Sprout white leaves?

grimes2020

its about 1 week old it has healthy looking normal green true leaves but then two leaves changed to white yesterday and have not changed since why could this be?

My plants have been going great under my 800w LED Light but today I woke up and one of the plants leaves have changed white...

What does this mean anybody know? The rest of the plants are still a healthy colour what am I doing wrong?

20150430_1238081.jpg

any help is greatly appreciated :) :thanks:

800W LED? It is probably burning the poor little guy, I know LED's aren't the best for young plants. I'd get a CFL bulb and use that until the plant is a little bigger. What soil are you using also?

Hi if I switch to a CFL set up for the first few weeks of the plant till they get bigger will 300w dual spectrum be good enough?

also how many cfl bulbs will I roughly need for 10-15 sprouts in a 1 metre squared grow tent or is it just 1 bulb needed?

I am using biobizz light mix as the soil

I'd try the 300W dual first, otherwise you will be buying at least 6 CFL's and trying to set them up ( I thought you only had 1 plant lol). Keep it at least 2 feet away from the sprouts, probably around 2.5 feet (0.76m). Ideally you want a 30W CFL bulb I think for each sprout, putting it only an inch away from the sprout for maximum light.
Haven't seen the biobizz light mix before, looks like ok stuff. Is it actually soil or soilless though? I'm thinking soilless

I'd try the 300W dual first, otherwise you will be buying at least 6 CFL's and trying to set them up ( I thought you only had 1 plant lol). Keep it at least 2 feet away from the sprouts, probably around 2.5 feet (0.76m). Ideally you want a 30W CFL bulb I think for each sprout, putting it only an inch away from the sprout for maximum light.
Haven't seen the biobizz light mix before, looks like ok stuff. Is it actually soil or soilless though? I'm thinking soilless

I changed my setup plants healed up nicely and its all going well now :) thank you

o and its organic soil mix heres the product details Biobizz Light Mix Organic Soil - Ideal Propagation and full growing soil medium - 3CH Hydroponics

had a friend recommend that to me as its my first grow im open to suggestions :)

I agree with Stealth, LED's will bleach/burn quickly...if CFL's won't be used move that LED up as high as it can go, LED is very intense light. For seedlings, you can use CFL, T5, T8 lighting they will be able to get right down on the baby seedlings with out burning or bleaching, once they are bigger, then put them under the LED.:peace:

I changed my setup plants healed up nicely and its all going well now :) thank you

o and its organic soil mix heres the product details Biobizz Light Mix Organic Soil - Ideal Propagation and full growing soil medium - 3CH Hydroponics

had a friend recommend that to me as its my first grow im open to suggestions :)

Alright, looks like it is soil with a small amount of nutes inside it, sounds like decent stuff so far. With the nutes being in there I'd be careful not to overfeed this time around, and make sure your ph is around 6.5-6.8 for soil

Back
Top Bottom