Seedling

reapah23

I germinated a Moby Dick seed and recently placed it in the dirt, it's broke the surface of the soil but it still has the seed shell on it (no green is coming out of the shell yet), do I keep it in the dark or should I go ahead and put it up under the light? I've also got a seedling going that is deformed, I started out with CFL lights for a week until my 600w HID light got here and I'm guessing thats why it turned out like that, had it up under the new light for a day now. Will it be fine to let it keep going like it is as it looks like it is fixing itself everything appears green and healthy, or trim it up? I have an Incredible Bulk seed beside it that was started at the same time with similiar CFL but it turned out normal. Top picture is the Incredible Bulk, bottom is the deformed Auto Blue Diesel.

11402465_847531705329541_2449550079943442474_o.jpg
11144414_847531741996204_7948359105730852435_o.jpg

I don't think it has enough fan leaves to trim those deformed ones off. Wait until it has more leafy growth, esp since it looks like they are still performing photosynthesis (still green) so they are still helping the plant to grow even though they look weird. If they turn brown and die, then, yeah pull them, but for the moment, I would leave them be.

Be sure to keep that 600w higher than you normal should since it's a seedling and not used to that much light yet.

The bulk looks normal to me keep the light up at the top for the first week then lower it to about 2ft above them and put them on half dose of nutes for a few weeks then up the dosage

Yeah the bulk turned out normal just figured I'd show it to have a visual comparison to the deformed one. Gave them Foxfarm Growbig yesterday well 6/10 like 1/4th of a teaspoon. It say's 1-3 TSP every other feed, which I guess means after watering them the next time instead of watering you'd feed them? Planned to do maybe 1/3 or half a teaspoon the next time I watered them. I hope all goes well, the seedling I mentioned is having a hard time with its shell, I'm guessing when I wake up it'll break its helmet off or I'll be able to pick it off gently at the worst case scenario. Thanks for the suggestions guys, any help/knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Like a week and a half old, heres a picture of the seedling, I'm not sure if I should give it light or not since it still has the shell on it even though its sprouted up out of the soil. I even put soil over top of the seedling and put a little bit of water and tapped down on it some and it keeps shoving through but the shell remains intact, it does appear to be opening up though I can't get a good picture of it as my phone has a bad camera especially with this purple light. It's a Global Star G15 light (600w LED)
10463629_847716471977731_4337993531479740265_o.jpg
11406738_847716458644399_3843662090719151034_o.jpg

I'm not entirely sure, this will be my first indoor grow, I tried outdoor last year and it didnt work out, I ended up with like 30 grams out 2 plants lol but I hear LED is better and from what I've read people have experienced bigger, potent, and more tastier buds with LED. LED is more for bigger spaces like a green house, and HPS is better for small scale grows. The 2 biggest factors going for LED is they save you $$ because they use quite a bit less electricity, and stay alot cooler then HPS along with better light penetration.

If you haven't done it yet, here's ksum's method. I think it's brilliant

Hold a finger behind the shell for support. Squeeze the tweezers closed, put the tip in and gently let it open. Once it opens a little, stop and see if you can see any green inside. If so, leave it be at that point. Once the green is exposed then it has the light energy to feed off of and start growing.

keep it in the light along with the other seedlings.
keep husk moist and dont cover.
spray top of seedling and not so much the soil surface.
cannabis plants, seedling and clones amaze me in how much stress and abuse they can take and survive with a little help from our friends of course.
all the best with your first grow. regards

I ended up putting it under a CFL light just incase it wants to stretch, 1 side of the shell fell off on its own so it should be alright. Cannabis plants truly are amazing, specially watching them grow, for some reason it fascinates the hell out of me. I hope I am prepared for this grow, these big containers worry me but I just want 3 big plants as smell and size isn't an issue for me so I figured the bigger the pot, the more buds I hope to get. I'm not sure how well they'll work out with getting rid of the water I drilled about 100 holes at the bottom of it and the sides hoping that should be enough.

Figured I'd post a 24hr update on the strugglers for anyone who is interested. They seem to be working out fine looking pretty healthy to me, I have the seedling that wouldlnt crack its shell (it finally did) up under a CFL light until monday then I'll move it over to the LED light. Only problem is I literally just got a new job today working out of town, really excited but I leave tuesday for 3 months so I won't personally be able to take care of them and watch them grow so that sucks but I think the job is more important I got a person willing to step up and be a mother to them though so hope is not lost for these little babies.
44442.jpg
222210.jpg
111158.jpg

Back
Top Bottom