Seedlings fan leaves folding?

Maryganja

Hi, I'm growing two blackberrie plants outdoors. It's my first grow and my only possibility of growing is to do it outside but I had only realized that I had started way to late and now that I've germinated my seeds they are entering the world in flowering stage.

Anyways, My biggest seedlings fan leaves seem to like to fold a lot. It's folding down and I have no idea what could be the cause. I'm not sure if this is how it normally grows could anyone tell me if I should be worried? also, one of the other leafs are smaller than the other (not the fan leaves)

So far I have not added any nutes.

2ptvtdl.jpg

the fanleaf on the left is being held up by a toothpick but if I take it off the leaf seems to just slump and fold down. Sorry for the bad quality, picture was takin on my phone. This ones growing in a pot

142s1x.jpg

this is my second seedling, just thought I would put it up. Nothing seems wrong with it so far. It's a bit smaller than the first. This ones growing in a styrofoam cup.

sounds like a ph problem, either in your soil or water your giving it. I would test your water.

Out of curiosity you said you started to late and now your starting in flower. What do you mean by that?

sounds like a ph problem, either in your soil or water your giving it. I would test your water.

Out of curiosity you said you started to late and now your starting in flower. What do you mean by that?

if i wanted to start my grow outdoors it would have been best if i started in may for 2 months of vegetative stage. It's now June and I started about two weeks ago thinking that it would be the right time to plant it. It turns out that June is the month where marijuana starts to reach flowering stage.

I don't have a pH indicator, does anyone know by chance another way I'd be able to check the pH of my soil or water?

hey :welcome:

i've heard of plenty ppl going without a ph checker, but i wouldnt recommend it, 2 weeks into my first grow i've already had to adjust my ph..

look into picking up milwalkee ph600 its a very good and inexpensive one, that was recommended to me from someone on this site(smokeyjoe)..

ph your water before it goes in, and ph your run off(first drips of it) to accurately adjust your ph.. it makes a world of a difference, as if the ph is off your ladies cant absorb nutrients properly

so pick up a ph tester, dont forget the calibration solution!!

good luck :ganjamon:

if i wanted to start my grow outdoors it would have been best if i started in may for 2 months of vegetative stage. It's now June and I started about two weeks ago thinking that it would be the right time to plant it. It turns out that June is the month where marijuana starts to reach flowering stage.

I don't have a pH indicator, does anyone know by chance another way I'd be able to check the pH of my soil or water?

I don't know where you get your info from, but June is the most guaranteed month for veg. it is the prime of veg stage. there is no way your plants can flower in the month of june unless you are physically manipulating 12/12 by covering your plants with black plastic or something.

PH tests are cheap and sold at any grow store usually $5.
They also make cheap ph soil tsters, they are usually a probe you stab into your dirt and there is a gauge on top that shows with a needle where your level is. You want your soil between 5.8 and 7.0 and your water usually between 5.8 and 6.3 ( but you can get away with a little higher but not recomended.)

PH tests are cheap and sold at any grow store usually $5.
They also make cheap ph soil tsters, they are usually a probe you stab into your dirt and there is a gauge on top that shows with a needle where your level is. You want your soil between 5.8 and 7.0 and your water usually between 5.8 and 6.3 ( but you can get away with a little higher but not recomended.)

:confused::scratchinghead:

why recommend cheap ph tester probes that arent always that accurate. he/she will get more accurate readings, Ph-ing the water and initial drips of run off. :geek:

:confused::scratchinghead:

why recommend cheap ph tester probes that arent always that accurate. he/she will get more accurate readings, Ph-ing the water and initial drips of run off. :geek:

I normally wouldn't but with the economy so bad, i figured suggest the cheap route. plus it's not like she's growing hydro where you have to get it within the tenth of a point, she's growing outdoors in soil so she can more then likely get it within range with a cheap ph water tester, I've used them when my milwaukee digital went down and i was waiting for them to send me a new one, and it worked fine.
The cheap soil testers do suck, sometimes if there is a good grow store in your area, you can bring them in a sample of your dirt and they will ph test it for you, but i live in an area with an abundance of hydro stores that make there own soiless mixes, so they have the tests available, so i might be spoiled.

sorry if i sound stupid, but what exactly is run-off? I'm a noob at growing like i said this is my first time growing.

soupdizzle - i was told that if i started veging now that it would have been a better idea if i had done it earlier.

I just went outside to take a look at my babies. The one with the folding leaf is really starting to scare me. It's starting to tilt over and it looks as if it's leaves are too heavy for it. That might not be the case but It's bending a lot. I've applied more toothpicks to help it stand straight.

I went to a gardening shop up a few blocks from my house. I asked them if i could buy a pH indicator and they showed me something which looked like it was worth 5 dollars. It suprised me so much when they charged me 80 dollars for it but i bought in anyways, dissapointed with what I bought I took it back within the first 5 steps out the door. It wasn't even boxed with any seal. Does anyone know where exactly I could get any cheap pH indicators without having to order online? I live in Vancouver, BC.

Well run-off is the water that comes out of the bottom of your containers after you water them, but don't pay any attention to that right now.
You want to test the water before you give it to your plants not after in your case. It sounds like your seedling is going into shock. maybe from the sun being so hot the last couple of days ( atleast where i'm at )

But i'm sorry i live northern cali for from BC so i can't help you on where to go. Is there any hydro shops ( indoor lighting stores ) in your town? Not a general gardening store. You can usually find a cheap water tester there, it is a little bottle of solution Which looks like ink, and a little clear vile for the test, you fill the vile with your water your using and put a couple drops of the solution in and shake it, then it will turn a certain color, you then look at the side of the bottle to compare the color to the ph level ( i'm not sure if i worded that right, sorry if thats confusing)

If you are able to i would move that plant indoors under 24 hr light to try and bring it back to a healthy state.

If i understand correctly I need HPS lights if I move them indoors correct? neither do I have any lamps or anything that I could use to put over my plants so the best I'd be able to do was just leave it in a room with light. Other than that I got nothing so moving it indoors seems useless to me.

If i understand correctly I need HPS lights if I move them indoors correct? neither do I have any lamps or anything that I could use to put over my plants so the best I'd be able to do was just leave it in a room with light. Other than that I got nothing so moving it indoors seems useless to me.

Definitly... bringing plants from outdoor to indoor cfls would definitly manifest its self quickly, it would definitly be a shock.... the hps would be your best option for this :peace:

You don't need a lamp for hps lights :cheer:

You can purchase the bulbs, ballast, and reflector all together.. if you live in a safe neighboorhood, and aren't guerilla growing, id jus recommend getting some pesticides and keeping outside... outdoor yield is phenominal

Back
Top Bottom