Seedlings have yellow leaves

Yes, I used a little cal/mag on the coco when I rinsed it. I have a ph meter and a ppm meter. Im currently looking up info to use the ppm meter.
Yep, I have a journal since day one. Im using General Hydroponics for my nutes.
I have 4 plants going, thinking if one or 2 are male, then the rest won't be too crowded.
The lines you see are connected to a submersible pump, pumping some of the nute liquid into each plant. The middle hole is my access to the water. When im done I fit a grow pot thats filled with clay balls.

Yes, I used some cal mag when I was done rinsing the coco. Im using General Hydroponics for feeding.
I have 4 plants going on, im thinking if one or two are male, I can rip them out and the rest won't be too crowded
Those clear lines are connected to a submersible pump, dripping nutes into each pot, ill probably tape up those lines today, to block out the light. The center hole in the lid is my access to the water. When im done I fit a grow pot in it, filled with clay pebbles used as a cover.
I have ph and ppm meters, I know how to test for ph, currently looking into the ec/ppm meter.
Damn double post, sorry bout that.

Yes, I used a little cal/mag on the coco when I rinsed it. I have a ph meter and a ppm meter. Im currently looking up info to use the ppm meter.
Awesome, both of those meters are essential for hydroponic growing IMO. Start very low with cal-mag, but start now (maybe 2ml per gallon?)
Yep, I have a journal since day one.
On the forum? I couldn’t find it....

Thread 'How to Make a Grow Journal' How to Make a Grow Journal
Im using General Hydroponics for my nutes.
I have 4 plants going, thinking if one or 2 are male, then the rest won't be too crowded.
true, but the roots will be entangled and you will need to remove all of its roots, as in cutting roots on your healthy female plants.
The lines you see are connected to a submersible pump, pumping some of the nute liquid into each plant. The middle hole is my access to the water. When im done I fit a grow pot thats filled with clay balls.
Ok, but if you've got tap roots hanging down, use an airstone to lightly splash them. Once roots touch or get wet from airstone bottom feed and stop top feeding. Advice on using lightproof lines stands. Zero light hitting reservoir is what you want, that line is an invitation for algae development.
Yes, I used some cal mag when I was done rinsing the coco. Im using General Hydroponics for feeding.
let us know what you plan on feeding, don't start at full manufacturers recommended strength (they recommend a bit high of a PPM/EC dose IMO) and also, make sure you add your nutrients in correct sequence. And above all else, ask any questions, feel free to double check things as well. You've got some really talented growers in this thread, while I do strictly Hydroponics, they've got much more experience with growing, I don't consider myself to be anywhere near an experienced grower.

Awesome, both of those meters are essential for hydroponic growing IMO. Start very low with cal-mag, but start now (maybe 2ml per gallon?)

On the forum? I couldn’t find it....

Thread 'How to Make a Grow Journal' How to Make a Grow Journal

true, but the roots will be entangled and you will need to remove all of its roots, as in cutting roots on your healthy female plants.

Ok, but if you've got tap roots hanging down, use an airstone to lightly splash them. Once roots touch or get wet from airstone bottom feed and stop top feeding. Advice on using lightproof lines stands. Zero light hitting reservoir is what you want, that line is an invitation for algae development.

let us know what you plan on feeding, don't start at full manufacturers recommended strength (they recommend a bit high of a PPM/EC dose IMO) and also, make sure you add your nutrients in correct sequence. And above all else, ask any questions, feel free to double check things as well. You've got some really talented growers in this thread, while I do strictly Hydroponics, they've got much more experience with growing, I don't consider myself to be anywhere near an experienced grower.
Hey, thanks for all the advice. As far as feeding, im using GH Flora micro, Flora grow,Flora Bloom. Im using 1/4 of recommended feeding for now. I guess now is a good time as any to add a little Hydroguard?

20210528_123252.jpg

Hey, thanks for all the advice. As far as feeding, im using GH Flora micro, Flora grow,Flora Bloom. Im using 1/4 of recommended feeding for now. I guess now is a good time as any to add a little Hydroguard?

20210528_123252.jpg

Yup- your gonna need to keep giving it hydroguard so might as well start now...

I took a reading, 262 ppm, the lower number is 80.6. Switching modes, EC 520, us/cm 80.6
262 PPM ( many use EC but I learned on PPM and thus I always use it. ).

Did you set ph to 5.8 after?

Keep an eye on them, you may need to dilute the solution. Your ppm and ph need to be checked daily/regularly against the chart I gave you.

And no worries!

Keep an eye on them, you may need to dilute the solution. Your ppm and ph need to be checked daily/regularly against the chart I gave you.

And no worries!
Thanks again. Ph is 6.0

And no worries!
So 262 ppm is good?

So 262 ppm is good?
It sounds OK, but your plants ultimately will decide. If you see a rise in your ppm/ec then it's too high. If it starts to drop the PPM then it's a sign they're eating. Keep an eye out, not all girls may be on the same page. At this stage if you do bumps in PPM nutrients, try not to bump more then 20~30ppm a bump. You can use larger bumps as they become older.

If you need to lower PPM, then do it by blocks of 50 PPM, these aren't rules- just how I do it. Once they're eating again for a day or two you can try a small bump again.

In Hydroponics, a ph of 5.8 is usually what's considered optimal, you can let it drift naturally to 6.5 before dropping back down to 5.8

It sounds OK, but your plants ultimately will decide. If you see a rise in your ppm/ec then it's too high. If it starts to drop the PPM then it's a sign they're eating. Keep an eye out, not all girls may be on the same page. At this stage if you do bumps in PPM nutrients, try not to bump more then 20~30ppm a bump. You can use larger bumps as they become older.

If you need to lower PPM, then do it by blocks of 50 PPM, these aren't rules- just how I do it. Once they're eating again for a day or two you can try a small bump again.

In Hydroponics, a ph of 5.8 is usually what's considered optimal, you can let it drift naturally to 6.5 before dropping back down to 5.8
I try to learn 1 thing a day, at least. Since I've been coming here, that number is close to 50, hehe.

Back
Top Bottom