Seedlings on 12/12

dave_the_stoner

i was just wondering if i'm gonna piss off my new seedlings, by putting them in with my other budding plant thats on a 12/12 cycle with 1000w HPS? and how bad would it be to just keep the 12/12 cycle constantly rather than changing shit around?

no matter what dude 12/12 is going to send them in to flowering, seedlings need as much light as possible. That is why people put them on 24hrs a day or an 18/6 light schedule.
Peace P420

when i had my last plant iunder 18/6 it seemed to get to much intensity or something since im using a 1000w HPS and it was growing so very slow. i switched it to 12/12 and it seemed to do alot better. but now it aint growing for shit. so im thinking i'll put the full plant and the seedlings under 14/10. im hoping that my budding plant grows a little bigger under this light, since it's growth seems to have slowed incredibly. it's 21 inches and dosent want to get any bigger. the hairs on the buds havent changed color, so i know it's not done growing yet. whats your take on all this?

no see know your going to put to much stress on it. floros sould be used for seedlings not a 1000 watt. that is way to intence. just leave them at 12 or start over. you are stressing it to much by switching light periods. either choose 12/12 or 18/6 or nothing.

Yah P420 and Smokeymcpot are right. If you continually switch the light cycles you're going to confuse your plants and the lack of consistency is likely going to render all your plants (even those in flowering) stagnant becuz during flowering they need 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness to get the best results.

The objective with indoor cultivation is to simulate all the conditions of an ideal outdoor environment and not having a constant cycle will definatly hinder your girls chances of producing the the full potential of thc.

Also in further support Smokey's suggestions of Fluroescent lighting Fluros are inexpensive if you know where to buy them and a cabinet will usually suffice as a veg room depending on how many plants you intend to flower, with a 1000w you may need two or three cabinets, or a closet or something for a couple mothers and some clones/seedlings in humidity domes.

Anyway i hope your harvest is successful... What strain are you growing?

Back
Top Bottom