Seeds have been soaking for almost 36 hours. what now?

Re: Seeds have been soaking for almost 36 hours... what now???

are they in a dark, warm place? if not, try putting a bowl over what they are in, or something to kill the light, and put it ontop of your fridge to make it warmer.

soon as you see a tap root, drop it in your medium about a 1/4" and with a small amount of water, make it damp around where the seed is, not soaked, but not dry, just nice and moist

good luck

are they in a dark, warm place?

They are sitting in the back corner of my desk in my bedroom. And the only light I have in my room is whats coming from my blinds and my light fixture. And as far as warm... my room stays between 65-72 degrees so not too warm. But not cold by any means. I live in the bay and the weather has been pretty good. But I just checked again and 2 have cracked open. No tap root yet, but im prayin. This is my first grow and I was under the assumption that it woud be 24 hours max, so I was freaking out. :thanks: so much!!!

nope, i'v had some stubborn ones take a week, and i'v had some take less than 24 hours.

your best bet, is if you have a couple that dont germ, try upping the temps to about 80F, that should get the more stubborn seeds.

last couple i had, i just dropped them straight into rapid rooter plugs, and they germed + broke the surface in 3 days.

i litterly put them in the plugs, soaked the plugs, and put them into my 18/6 veg spot about 2 inches from the cfls, and they stayed perfect temp, and due to being in a dark medium. they did very well on germing.

some people just cant properly germ seeds.. and im a firm believer in, the reason they cant... is they try to be too nice to them...

the biggest killer of plants apart from root rot and bugs, is too much love. leave them alone and let them do there thing.

unless of course things are getting bad... youre bound to see a few weird things over the course of a plant.. most of the time, its either nothing and will be fine in a few days(happens sometimes when the plant is growing real fast), or a ph problem.(as long as you are using proper nutes) so, in the future, keep that in mind.

but when in doubt, post a picture and ask, there are many here that have no problem helping people out with diagnosis, i try my best, and i see lots of others too :)

Back
Top Bottom