Mikey's 1st Grow- Indoor Soil Blueberry x AK47 Super Skunk x Orange Krush 2012

mikey420

Ok so this is my first ever post, journal and grow. I have followed this site for a few years now and since I have moved from Tennessee to the Bay, I completely developed a deep passion for MMJ. Also, in many ways, it has helped save my life. Not to get into too much history, but I had a bad opiate addiction. And if it wasnt for this godly plant, there is no way I could stay off the dope. Mainly because I, like many other people, have extreme pain from a prior auto accident. So now on to the setup....

Indoor
Strains- 6 Blueberry Kush x AK 47, 6 Super Skunk x Orange Krush and 1 OG Kush #18 Clone.
Light- 400w HPS Hortiflux
Nutrients- Botanicare Pure Blend Organic Compost Solution (Grow & Bloom), Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow Vegetative Formula/ Fruit & Flower Formula, B'cuzz Growth/ Bloom
Medium- Fox Farms Ocean Forest
Hand Water

Thats about it that I can think of besides... Seeds are soaking to sprout as we speak, and I just planted the clone in a 1 gal this morning. I look towards comments and im sure ill have many questions to come. If anyone has any input on anything else u think i should do or comments, please let me know. The earlier the better, as Im sure yall know!!

And another thing is...how do i take a pic with an Iphone 4s without these crazy lines showing up?

cloneday2.JPG

roomTV.jpg
roomTopViewDay2.jpg

Hi Mikey

Looks good. Keep your seed nice and warm. Don't get bumed out about the lack of comments. The peeps here are good and they will help you out. Good luck

OK, so i have had my seeds soaking since Friday mid-afternoon and it took almost 48 hours to crack open and twice that long for the taproot double in size. It has been a lot colder here in the NorCal Bay Area the past few days, and since I just had them sitting in solo cups on my desk, im pretty sure this might of slowed them down a bit. But this morning I covered them inside a plastic container, in my grow room. So as of now they have all popped open and all taproots are about 1/8'' long, so Im thinking on planting them in solo cups in the morning. I cant get a very good pic because I have 6 seeds in one solo cup 6 in another and the top of the cups cast a shadow on were im trying to focus. I havent got this whole taking/ uploading/ RESIZING on here yet. But when I take em out of the water to plant and actually get those lil ones in some soil, ill snap a few. I cant wait till morning.

Hi mikey420, so far so good right, I mean that's how I'm feeling about his journal anyways ;) On the lines in the pic's, that's because that bad ass hortilux is too bright for the camera, so the lines are produced. Get them in some normal light and you should be able to snap some good shots.

As for me, as soon as I see those seeds crack, I put them in the soil. This help's prevent me from breaking off taproots in attempt to plant them into soil. So with that being said I wish you luck planting tomorrow, as those roots are growing a little bit every hour right now. Shouldn't be a problem though. Good luck buddy, and I'll be around as I'm SUBSCRIBED!!!

Peace,
LT

Ok, so I woke up this morning knowing what I was in store for. I finally got to plant the 12 seeds Ive been soaking in mineral water since Friday!! But I am pretty sure everything will go ok. I got reg red Solo Party Cups and poked a series of holes around the bottom, next I filled the cups with my Fox Farms Ocean Forest and then watered without anything in it so the sol would have a chance to settle. Next, I topped them off with soil and then just gave them a good misting on the top. So then I poked a lil hole bout 1/4'' deep and ever-so-carefully placed the sprouts, taproot down. Covered and misted lightly. Then placed in a bus tub and tupperware to catch runoff. Then home they were. But one little problem... When I put them in my 18/6 I noticed the OG clone was looking a lil droopy. She just wasnt too happy. On Sat I mixed 5mL of Bontnicares Pure Blend Grow Organic Compost Solution, 5 mL Botanicares Pure Blend Pro grow Vegetative Formula, 1mL Atamis B'cuzz Growth and 3 mL of GH Floranectar Sweetener all to a gallon of Brita filtered water and gave her about maybe 7 to 9 liquid oz. of the feed solution. And siince then I have gave nothing but water. My temp stays between 75-78 and I have no idea the humidity ( but the air is definitely not dry) Is this something I do not need to worry about? Thanks everyone an more to come. Also I had a vision... after I get this grow under my belt, and have a good mother. Im definitely goin to be doing a Organic Hempy SOG!! I cant flippin wait! I can see it now.:yummy:

solo1.jpeg

gr2-29.jpeg

clone2-29.jpeg

clone2-29-12.jpeg

:morenutes: :roorrip:

And here is a pic of the sprouts before planting into the Solos. I forgot to put it on the last post.

sprouts11.jpg

nutes.jpeg

Also, I wanted to know if anyone has any info on these nutes? I planned on feeding them the 2 Botanicare Grow Formula + Atamis B'cuzz Growth + a little tiny but of GH floraNectar Sweetener during veg and I have the same thing but for Bloom/Flower in the Botanicare, B'cuzz and Im sure ill be using more of the Gh FloraNectar. But if anybody has any results, if i need anything else or if Im doin something wrong... please let me know. I got ALL of these nutes for like 30$ from the guy who I bought everything else for. So everything i have was under $150!! :cheer: :thumb:

Using the FF soil, you shouldn't need nutes for quite some time. Keep your PH in check, and an eye on temps and RH and you should be fine. And yes, RH is important! :)

Using the FF soil, you shouldn't need nutes for quite some time. Keep your PH in check, and an eye on temps and RH and you should be fine. And yes, RH is important! :)

Thanks again Mr.K!!:high-five: Also, I checked out 420fieds first SOG journal, and am half way through the BPN one and you were right. :thanks:

O crap, brainfart!! :loopy: Well thank gosh I gave less thank 1/2 strength nutes to the gallon of water. And did not have a real heavy hand with water. And as far as pH, if i buy the big things of Crystal Geyser water...will the pH not b a factor?

Thanks again Mr.K!!:high-five: Also, I checked out 420fieds first SOG journal, and am half way through the BPN one and you were right. :thanks:

O crap, brainfart!! :loopy: Well thank gosh I gave less thank 1/2 strength nutes to the gallon of water. And did not have a real heavy hand with water. And as far as pH, if i buy the big things of Crystal Geyser water...will the pH not b a factor?

PH is ALWAYS a factor! Water has a PH of 7. With soil, you want your PH between 6.3-6.8 (6.5 is the "sweet spot"), so it won't be too far off, and your nutes should serve to lower it some, but keeping PH in check is CRITICAL for growing MMJ.

When you have a chance, see the "Top 5 Lessons" link in my sig.

PH is ALWAYS a factor! Water has a PH of 7. With soil, you want your PH between 6.3-6.8 (6.5 is the "sweet spot"), so it won't be too far off, and your nutes should serve to lower it some, but keeping PH in check is CRITICAL for growing MMJ.

When you have a chance, see the "Top 5 Lessons" link in my sig.

Thanks for the info my friend. I am going to grab something to test the ph asap. This might be a funny question but do I need to, or can I even check the pH of the soil? Or is it just the water I need to worry about?

Thanks for the info my friend. I am going to grab something to test the ph asap. This might be a funny question but do I need to, or can I even check the pH of the soil? Or is it just the water I need to worry about?

They do sell PH testers that will test the PH of soil. You can also test the PH of the nute solution, then test the PH of the runoff after you water. That will indicate whether your soil is raising or lowering the PH of the nutes you're feeding.

I honestly suggest just worrying about your water, yet to answer your question, yes there are ways to check your soil's PH. For example some stores will sell a double probe moisture meter. One prong is for checking the moisture in the soil, and the other is for the PH, yet it doesn't work too well at all. I'm sure there are some nice ones that give accurate digital read-outs, but you won't see this guy interested in those :peace:

LT

They do sell PH testers that will test the PH of soil. You can also test the PH of the nute solution, then test the PH of the runoff after you water. That will indicate whether your soil is raising or lowering the PH of the nutes you're feeding.

I will add for me when I was testing runoff, it became a stress factor for me, so I found no real reasoning behind it. Again that's just me. I can add, my PH is nice and balanced, and I just focus on PH balancing my water. It doesn't have to be chemistry, but it can be...

LT

Back
Top Bottom