Mikey's 1st Grow- Indoor Soil Blueberry x AK47 Super Skunk x Orange Krush 2012

Yea, I forgot about your 49 root pots. But I was thinking and it might be beneficial to brew a very concentrated tea and then just add r/o water. Then after doing that fill you can either like keep filling up a 5 gallon bucket, or fill the flood trays your girls are in and just keep running tea through the top of your pots to be able to completely saturate your roots. And the brewer I have is good for doing just that and also smaller batches of tea. As it only holds like 4 gallons. But its a good little system, that everything is tailored to work together for best results. I might get a bigger air pump later on down the road, but everything is bueno as of now. But if anyone want to check it here is a little bit about it....

The latest addition to the Xtreme Gardening line is also the first Hardware addition to the line: The Flo-N-Brew Xtreme Tea Brewer. A collaboration between Xtreme Gardening and Titan Control's. The design of the Xtreme Tea Brewer allows for constant aeration with the airpump and airstone, but also constant cycling of the tea with the Dome Fountain Agitator which also prevents overflow of the froth.

PM me if anyone wants the site for the cheapest price Ive found which is 45$.

I just found the site that has it for $45! Hmmm... :)

:thumb:

So on here are some pictures from yesterday at 21 days into flower. I hope they are done stretching, especially the Lemon Skunk and OG#18. As the LS is just a huge Christmas tree and the OG is out of control. Ill have to take a picture of it out of the cage and by itself the nest time I have it out. I have been soooo tired from working I have had like no extra time for updates or anything. But im trynig. Here they are....

Supercropped Topped Super Skunk x Orange Krush
SupercroppedUBTsuperSkunkXorangeKrush.jpg

DJ Short Blueberry x AK47
BBxAK_4-25-09_.jpg

GDP x AK-47
GDPxAK47_4-25-12_.jpg

^^^These 3 are NOT HIGH BRIX

And all these ones below are the ones that have High Brix ratios 6/5/3 mineralized soil for exactly a month now. I wish I had a better camera with a good macro on it because these things are covered in tricomes and really starting to shine. You can kind of see it in one of the pics of the close up of the OG18 if you enlarge it. But they are loving life right now. Feel free to comment. Also, I added Snow Storm in the last tea but I am thinking of using it through foliar feed for now on.

Strawberry Cough #2
StrawberryCough_2_4-25-12_.jpg

SC_2_4-25-12_.jpg

Strawberry Cough #1
SC_1_4-25-12_.jpg

SC_1Head.jpg

[[COLOR="#00FFFF"OG#18][/COLOR]
[img][URL][URL][URL][URL][URL]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/OG_18_4-25-12_.jpg[/img][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

[img][URL][URL][URL][URL][URL]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/OG_18TOP.jpg[/img][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

[COLOR="#FFD700"]Lemon Skunk[/COLOR]
LemonSkunk_4-25-12_.jpg

LS_4-25-12_.jpg

For sure man looks like you got yourself some fine ladies in there!!! If you don't mind I would like to swing by now and then see how things goin and I'll help anyway I can.

Excellent Job MIKEY!!(sorry for the mix up man)!!! Your ladies are looking amazing!! I am really satisfied with this High Brix growing so far and looks like your girls are loving it as well!!!!

Excellent Job Vape!!!!

Lol, I am not Vape, but I do take that as a compliment. And I got these today as inspired by Vape and transplanted the DJ Shory Blueberry x AK-47 inside and outside also adding the rest of the High Brix soil I had left but I am going to be mixing some more in plan for my next clones. So its funny you said that Ice. :Namaste:

airpot.jpg

LMAO...man I'm sorry Mikey, I was extremely blazed when I wrote that...I don't even know who I was at the moment...lol... corrected it for ya :) your ladies are looking amazing!!!

Looking good! Your OG18 leaves are similar to the OG leaves I had on both the Deadhead and the RP OG at the same stage I think. Saw your post in my journal thought I'd take you up on the invite to check out your OG18. They look really great and are starting to bud nicely for you. High Brix is super cool stuff.

:goodjob:

Hey Mikey!
After our pM's I came over and took a look. I wouldn't change anything after looking at your pics, given your current set up.

If you wanted to spend a small amount of money, order some Amaze, Bloomit and PGR from foliarSprays.com.

These are the professional products, so if you get them please talk to me! I played around with the PGR on a plant I didn't like and got it to grow about 6 inches overnight with a single spraying. It was a twisted up mess. These sprays are very powerful, but are a necessity for true high brix growing.

Warning: if your soil doesn't have the goods, the sprays won't help and could possibly hurt! Also, I think I have the dilution rates down now. I'm just working on when to use Amaze and when to use Bloomit.

High Brix is definitely the way forward. The methodology of achieving it can vary....might even be possible in hydro for all I know....but there is no question in my mind that Cannabis, like any other plant, achieves its best the higher the Brix.

Your first grow is stellar. Amazing! Congrats on going with mineralized soil your first try. As you can see, this is not bullshit....this really works.

So today was a very busy day for me but yesterday I had the girls out, and I had given them some pretty much plain water. I had some liquid peat humus, Calmg and then on the AKxBB and the SSxOK needed some N so i gave em some mexican bat guano and som peruvian bird guano mixed and bubbled in the water. But here is some random pics, sorry for the quality but im 30 days into flower. Alsom I noticed that on the 2 girls that needed some nitrogen, I noticed that the buds were behind all my other ones, even the LS which is all sativa. So Im thinking this is because I transplanted last week and I shoud of done if before flower. But O well, these girls are not High Brix either, so that could be it. But once again, sorry for the cruddy pics, the camera is like 2.3 megapix older camera phone. No more Ihone for me lol. But yall let me know what you think :Namaste:

Strawberry Cough #2 (5-2-12)
SC_2_5-2-12_.jpg

Strawberry Cough #1 (5-2-12)
SC_1_5-2-12_.jpg

OG#18 (5-2-12)
OG185-2-12.jpg

OG#18 / SC#2
OG-SC2_5-2-12_.jpg

OG#18 Top View
OGtopView5-2-12.jpg

Super Skunk x Orange Krush
SSxOK5-2-12.jpg

Blueberry x AK47
BBxAK5-3-12.jpg

Nitrogen Def???
Ndef5-2-12.jpg

Cool leaf
coolLeaf.jpg

Clones coming along
Clones5-2-12.jpg

I think your looking good bro! :thumb:

Strawberry Cough #1 (5-2-12)
SC_1_5-2-12_.jpg

Is this one you transitioned over to high Brix? I so don't miss the Mg deficiencies!

Nitrogen Def???
Ndef5-2-12.jpg

Looks like it...but those lower leaves will often yellow and drop anyway...

Is this one you transitioned over to high Brix? I so don't miss the Mg deficiencies!

This one was not High Brix. I messed up when I put the pics up last time. Sorry for the confusion. The only 3 I have that are not in my mineralized soil are my SSxOK, BBxAK and one of the SC. My other SC is 6-5-3. Is that whats wrong with it? A mg def? This is the only girl that this is doing it on, and I was wondering what was up. I have General Organics CaMg and I also have some epsom salt would one of these be the best solution? Or should I drop her in my mineralized soil. I have had a batch that I mixed and threw tea on about a week ago. :Namaste:

This one was not High Brix. My other SC#2 is 6-5-3. Is that whats wrong with it? A mg def? This is the only girl that this is doing it on, and I was wondering what was up. I have General Organics CaMg and I also have some epsom salt would one of these be the best solution? Or should I drop her in my mineralized soil. I have had a batch that I mixed and threw tea on about a week ago. :Namaste:

That's what it looks like to me...if you stay on your current regimen either CalMag or epsom salt will work unless the deficiency is being caused by too much calcium. If that were the case you'd want to use epsom salt only. Epsom salt also works very well when applied by foliar feeding. Are you using very hard water?

As for high Brix...what size pot are you in? You could just top dress with the 6/5/3s and micros and start watering with teas.

That's what it looks like to me...if you stay on your current regimen either CalMag or epsom salt will work unless the deficiency is being caused by too much calcium. If that were the case you'd want to use epsom salt only. Epsom salt also works very well when applied by foliar feeding. Are you using very hard water?

As for high Brix...what size pot are you in? You could just top dress with the 6/5/3s and micros and start watering with teas.

Vape-

I dont know if my water is hard. I do use tap water, but I bubble it for 24 hours minimum and treat it with Baseline from Vital Landscaping. Base line is liquid peat humus. I also do a tea dunk at least once a week on all my girls which every time I do, I have put calmg or epsom salt in the girls that I have not mineralized because I figured they needed as much minerals as possible. But I dont think I was over doing it by any means, as I always was on the light side because I figured since I was adding at least once a week. And im talking like less than 5ml of General Organics calmg+ or 1/2 tsp. of epsom salt per gallon. I also have topped dressed the plain organic girls with glacial rock dust a month ago.

As for High Brix I am in 3-5 gallon and was about to transplant them all to airpots like you have. But am thinking against transplanting them anymore because on the one I did put in a 3gallon airpot seemed to have stopped getting any bigger buds. Or it could be strain specific. Or a little bit of both.

Were you saying to top dress the girls I dont have in 6-5-3? Or like recharging my High Brix girls?
:Namaste: :thanks:

Sorry Mikey been having some difficulties. Yes I do have something going.
I'm still trying to fiqure out how to put a direct link to my pics. Any help?

Are you haveing trouble with your babies....or just posting the pics and so forth?? The best way to I could tell you to get the pics down is go to this link, Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos read it word for word and follow it step by step a few times with some pics and then you will eventually get the hang of it. If this still troubles you, if you had a specific question about exactly the problem Id be more then happy to walk ya through it.

But I looked at your album and I dont think you are having trouble with your girls. They look great!!! Are you going to be making a grow journal? Its a super good way to keep track o your stuff. As I wish mine had more info, but I write everything down. Its just time is a major pinch these days. And thank god my girls pretty much were taking care of themselves until now I am noticing something little going on on just 1 of the girls. Im hoping to fix the situation right now though. More to come on that later though. :Namaste:

Vape-

I dont know if my water is hard. I do use tap water, but I bubble it for 24 hours minimum and treat it with Baseline from Vital Landscaping. Base line is liquid peat humus. I also do a tea dunk at least once a week on all my girls which every time I do, I have put calmg or epsom salt in the girls that I have not mineralized because I figured they needed as much minerals as possible. But I dont think I was over doing it by any means, as I always was on the light side because I figured since I was adding at least once a week. And im talking like less than 5ml of General Organics calmg+ or 1/2 tsp. of epsom salt per gallon. I also have topped dressed the plain organic girls with glacial rock dust a month ago.

As for High Brix I am in 3-5 gallon and was about to transplant them all to airpots like you have. But am thinking against transplanting them anymore because on the one I did put in a 3gallon airpot seemed to have stopped getting any bigger buds. Or it could be strain specific. Or a little bit of both.

Were you saying to top dress the girls I dont have in 6-5-3? Or like recharging my High Brix girls?
:Namaste: :thanks:

It's probably just Mg...Cannabis can be a Mg hog! If you don't see it on any other leaves and it's not getting worse you might already have it licked. Otherwise just up the CalMag or the epsom a little bit.

The one that you transplanted might be spending it's energy on root growth...I'm no botanist, and have heard many different versions of when to transplant, and when not to transplant...but I generally try to leave them alone when they are flowering.

You had asked if you should move her into the mineralized soil. What I was trying to say was that if the plant was in a large enough pot to finish, and you wanted to leave her alone and not transplant into mineralized soil, but still start it on a high Brix routine, you could still mineralize by top dressing the plant with 6/5/3s and Azomite (or whatever micros you're using) and water it in with some tea. As long as you have the microbial activity in the soil, and some organic material in the soil as a food source for the beneficials, they'll begin putting those minerals to use.

I'm not familiar with glacial rock dust, but just looked it up...it's 5% calcium and only .5% Magnesium...it looks like it's got other great stuff in it, but I'm wondering if enough of that could throw off your ratios...but I don't really know enough to offer an intelligent opinion. Either way I think in your situation mineralizing wouldn't hurt, and could only help...but then again, I'm so into the high Brix approach that I might start sprinkling 6/5/3s and azomite on my breakfast cereal!

:Namaste:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom