Mikey's 1st Grow- Indoor Soil Blueberry x AK47 Super Skunk x Orange Krush 2012

So all the babies are doing well except for 1 of the SC clones. It is all droopy still and the first 3 sets of leaves from the bottom up are yellow at least 75% around the edges and real light green in the middle. I have another clone from the same plant, that was planted at the same time that is thriving, and has to be my most healthy girl. My ph is 6.5 and I just started feeding 1/4 strength Botanicares Pro Grow and Atamis Bcuzz Growth. Also my temp is around 66-70 right before I turn lights on and then stays between 80-86 during the day with the rH between 35-60%. I also flushed the soil yesterday in case there was something going on that could help. But it has not shown signs of getting better or worse since then. I think its from being soaked in rooting hormone too long when it was first cloned. The stem, up until the first node is all knotty and really weak and pliable. So maybe its not taking up nutrients or something weird. Im just going to keep my eyes on her and see how it goes. And also for record, I watered the little ones today 6 oz each and also my all clones except the OG18 and the sickly SC I just flushed. But here is a pic of my lil ones taken today. Sorry for the crappy quality, it is a inferior quality picture phone. I also got rid of 4 of the sprouts to clear up some room.

thebabies_GR_March13th2012.jpeg

Heynow mikey420 what's up besides your plants looking pretty damn good if you don't mind me saying? heheh.. pictures, pictures, pictures let's see a picture of your sick sc mikey so we can see what's up. If I were to take a guess it would be over-watering, but could be wrong... that's why pics help ;)
Peace,

LT

Heynow mikey420 what's up besides your plants looking pretty damn good if you don't mind me saying? heheh.. pictures, pictures, pictures let's see a picture of your sick sc mikey so we can see what's up. If I were to take a guess it would be over-watering, but could be wrong... that's why pics help ;)
Peace,

LT

Thanks and here are some pics. I just hate this camera.

badleaf.jpeg

badclone1.jpeg

sidebyside.jpeg

Also, these two clones were taking and transplanted the exact same way the exact same time. And everything was the same as far as water and stuff until I flushed yesterday. As you can see, one is thriving. And one, I dont know whats up. Any comments more than welcomed! Thanks!! :Namaste:

Humm, did your buddy hook you up with a nutrient called CalMag? I looked through your previous posts/pics and didn't read/see any, and it too is made by Botanicare. You could be dealing with a calcium/magnesium deficiency. I would recommend acquiring some and start using it right away. 1 teaspoon per gallon is all you'll need to add.

LT

Edit:
Hey bro here's a great sick plant pictorial that I've referenced to many times in the last few years, and its helped a lot!!

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Humm, did your buddy hook you up with a nutrient called CalMag? I looked through your previous posts/pics and didn't read/see any, and it too is made by Botanicare. You could be dealing with a calcium/magnesium deficiency. I would recommend acquiring some and start using it right away. 1 teaspoon per gallon is all you'll need to add.

LT

No I dont have any CalMag. I was told if I am using Brita filtered tap water, I wouldnt need it because its in the water. Is this not enough? And is it common for just one plant, to go all psycho on me like that? I would of thought the clone from the very same branch, hell even same node just opposite side, would be showing it too lol. :Namaste:

The other strawberry might be doing better .... for now. Yes you're going to need more than what's in the water by default, especially if you're filtering it. Even though your friend has mentioned that there are minerals passed through its usually the opposite, or too little to count towards anything. When you're using filtration systems like RO for example, your water comes out with no minerals, so you have to add the important ones back in.

LT

The other strawberry might be doing better .... for now. Yes you're going to need more than what's in the water by default, especially if you're filtering it. Even though your friend has mentioned that there are minerals passed through its usually the opposite, or too little to count towards anything. When you're using filtration systems like RO for example, your water comes out with no minerals, so you have to add the important ones back in.

LT

LT-:thanks: again!

In my water, I use Roots Organic OregonismXL, 2.5 ml GH FloraNectar Sweetener. I get paid tomorrow so Ill definitely frog some. That has been on the back of my mind (the whole CalMag thing). I have been doing a lot of research, everyday, and def think I need some. Also, is there any Organic form of this that can be added to a tea? Or is this bad to brew? Or I think I read to use in a foliar feeding? :Namaste:

Not sure about tea-ing, but like you said probably not a good idea. I would suggest looking into foliar spraying more, cause I haven't foliar sprayed before, heh! I know I'm going to add dolomite lime to my soil mix next time, and suggest you look into this stuff too if you plan on staying soil.

LT

Wow bro! There's definitely something wrong with the one on the left. With everything else being the same I'd be willing to bet something happened to that one when it was rooting... I've done a fair amount of cloning, and every so often there will be one that has some kind of rooting issue, and the plant never grows right. I usually end up throwing those out when it happens...

:Namaste:

Wow bro! There's definitely something wrong with the one on the left. With everything else being the same I'd be willing to bet something happened to that one when it was rooting... I've done a fair amount of cloning, and every so often there will be one that has some kind of rooting issue, and the plant never grows right. I usually end up throwing those out when it happens...

Thanks bro, and I was thinking it was something with the roots. But the only thing that has me stumped there is, when I transplanted from Solo cups, the roots were hella solid. So this bitch has got me stumped.

Thanks bro, and I was thinking it was something with the roots. But the only thing that has me stumped there is, when I transplanted from Solo cups, the roots were hella solid. So this bitch has got me stumped.

Hmmm... I don't have a point of reference for hella solid, :) is it possible it was badly root-bound? Otherwise I'm at a loss...hopefully someone will have a better idea...

Hmmm... I don't have a point of reference for hella solid, :) is it possible it was badly root-bound? Otherwise I'm at a loss...hopefully someone will have a better idea...

Vape-
I meant they were very healthy, sorry, my half Tennessee hick half Cali vocabulary confuses people all the time. But there is no way the roots were bound. They were only in the Solos for exactly 30 days. It was like a perfect time to transplant. Or so I thought.

Also, I plan on getting some CalMag today to see if thats it. Im hoping. Also, if anyone can think of anything else I should buy... all input welcome. I am also thinking about getting the supplies to brew some poop and compost teas.

It looks like it may be deficient in potassium as well. Let the soil get really dry and then feed it a balanced fertilizer with some calmag. Both at half strength. Letting the soil dry before you feed this next time is important.

Also, Some plants are just weak for whatever reason. Some recover, some dont. I have found that a person can spend too much time on a weak cutting or seedling when sometimes it is just best to toss it amd replace it with a stronger grower.

It looks like it may be deficient in potassium as well. Let the soil get really dry and then feed it a balanced fertilizer with some calmag. Both at half strength. Letting the soil dry before you feed this next time is important.

Also, Some plants are just weak for whatever reason. Some recover, some dont. I have found that a person can spend too much time on a weak cutting or seedling when sometimes it is just best to toss it amd replace it with a stronger grower.

Thanks Corey, I think if she keeps acting up after I get her some calmag and what not. Im going to throw her outside. In the ground. I could use the room anyways. If I was to do this again, Id start with all fem seeds, or get a shit ton of clones and start a SOG. But you live and you learn.

So today I did nothing to the girls but I did buy a nice used exhaust fan and a bottle of GO CaMg. But one big problem, the fan sounds like a rocket ship. Is there any DIY I can do on it to bring down those db? :Namaste:

You could use a speed controller to lower the velocity a bit...also, not sure how you are mounting it, but if you can hang it from bungee cords, that will pretty much eliminate any vibration.

You could use a speed controller to lower the velocity a bit...also, not sure how you are mounting it, but if you can hang it from bungee cords, that will pretty much eliminate any vibration.

I am able to hang from bungee cord at the top of my grow space. But I am also able to put the shelf back in the closet so I can put the fan and the ballast up there, clearing up my footprint of space I can use. So is there anyway to set up some contraption around the fan like a big rubermaid sweater box filled with something to muffle the noise between the fan and the outside of the box? And how hot do the fans get?

mikey420 said:
I am able to hang from bungee cord at the top of my grow space. But I am also able to put the shelf back in the closet so I can put the fan and the ballast up there, clearing up my footprint of space I can use. So is there anyway to set up some contraption around the fan like a big rubermaid sweater box filled with something to muffle the noise between the fan and the outside of the box? And how hot do the fans get?

I was wondering that aswell, I didn't want to burn up my fan so I left it.

Sure, I think that would work! You'd want to make sure you left space around the housing just to be safe, I use Vortex 542 cfm 6" inlines, and they don't really get hot (I would think most inline fans would be self cooling). I think I would build a plywood box the correct size with the necessary cutouts, maybe a hinged door for access...and then line it with some type of insulation. I don't like rock wool all that much for growing, but it makes one of the very best sound insulators out there. If you glued a 2 inch layer to the inside of your box and then tucked it around the duct holes That would probably do the trick. They also make mufflers if you need to quiet the sound coming out of the exhaust vent itself.

Make sure your airflow is good around the ballast, upper shelves in closets can get really hot... I know we like to put them up out of the way, but if you have a way to mount them lower, convection will be able to do a better job at moving the hot air away from it. The cooler you can keep your ballasts while they are running the longer they will last!

Back
Top Bottom