Seeds! how common is this?

Lucky man

I have been taught well by a few great members here, and I am eternally grateful. I have a simple question.
The last plant I have cut and cured for 3 weeks now and I sampled a bud the other day. The effects were most desirable, except I found a seed when i was looking at the bud. Since then I have found 2 or 3 other seeds in jars of bud.

I don't have any males in the grow, and have always taken any males or hermies out as soon as I can confirm they are undesirable.
How are my plants creating these seeds? Is this common.?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

:thanks:

Did you start your plants from fem'd seeds? Or a cross that hasn't been stabilized? Could be from light leaks makin plants herm in tiny spots...
or...???
It is a bit wierd dude...me not be knowing but I fsckout any post about seeds.
germ them and see what they act like ;D

Did you start your plants from fem'd seeds? Or a cross that hasn't been stabilized? Could be from light leaks makin plants herm in tiny spots...
or...???
It is a bit wierd dude...me not be knowing but I fsckout any post about seeds.
germ them and see what they act like ;D

Yes, they are feminized seeds. No light leaks. I do plan on growing some of them out.

Does this " localized hermi" thing happen often?

Can't believe a pharma spam site highjacked my thread.:nomo:

It can be common with seeds more than clones. At the end of their life cycle sometimes to survive the basically screw themselves creating the seed which with have hermie traits. Stress from heat. Too much humic acid. Dirty air. Alot of things can contribute to it being hermie. The plant that gave you the original seed has hermie traits. It just takes more care you have to look for those yellow bannanas they pollinate itself.

I don't have any males in the grow, and have always taken any males or hermies out as soon as I can confirm they are undesirable.
How are my plants creating these seeds? Is this common.?

:thanks:

What kinda grow are we talkin 'bout here?

Indoor or Outdoor?

Outdoor - not all that uncommon to find a seed or 2, or 3, or 10, or 20. Could be some wild Cannabis pollen floatin around in your area. I know there is in my area. Come across quite a few seeds already before I even harvested my plant.

Indoor - :loopy: I have no clue.

Indoor in soil 10x 12 w/2000 watts
Temps 65 night to 80 daytime, Rh 45-50%

Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess its not an emergency then. I feared I would have to clean out and scrub the room. Sounds like I am not the only one, so I can breathe easier.

:thumb:

I posted this on a forum on page 1 where a dude/dudette had found a seed and freaked, so have done a cut and paste here.

Maryjane is a plant type with male and female plants. For seed to be produced for the next season there must be some males to do the business.. When all the males are removed, usually one plant will try and produce even one male "nut sack" which will burst and spread it's pollen onto the bud or sometimes buds near by. Usua;lly there is only 1 or 3 seeds - which by the way should grow out as females as the pollen came from a predominently female plant.

Another way to get seeds on your supposedly girl plants is if the girls get stressed - interupted dark period - (Your dark period when flowering is a MINIMUM of 12 hours. . .and it must NOT be compromised with light.) - can cause it; excessive variations in heat, servere water stress, pest infestations as far as I'm aware any or all or a combination thereof can cause male flowers to form on female plants and hence lead to some seeds.

It's not a biggie . . I know my mate doesn't mind getting the odd seed - gives him something potentially slightly different to what hes got going.

hope that puts ya mind to rest

Back
Top Bottom