Week 2 of flower
Ph in 5.8- 5.9
Ec 1.7
Medione nutes
Cal mag
Bud candy
And big bud
I water every other day and alternate with feed

My issues is about 3 weeks ago I noticed big seed pods . Today I was giving her a trim and noticed a almost mature seed coming out of a pod. WTF. The girl is a beauty but now it's going to be all seedy . I didnt see any balls or bananas. And not all the branches have swollen seed pods. Here are some pics would love to hear some thoughts on this

Attachments

• 20200817_191131.jpg
    20200817_191131.jpg
    987.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200817_191137.jpg
    20200817_191137.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • 20200817_191205.jpg
    20200817_191205.jpg
    936 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200817_191228.jpg
    20200817_191228.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
  • 20200817_191217.jpg
    20200817_191217.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • 20200817_191429.jpg
    20200817_191429.jpg
    629.8 KB · Views: 35
So I have an outdoor girl?
White widow (canuk seeds I think)
Looks like its indica
7 gallon cloth pot
Coco coir(canna coco)
Week 2 of flower
Ph in 5.8- 5.9
Ec 1.7
Medione nutes
Cal mag
Bud candy
And big bud

My issues is about 3 weeks ago I noticed big seed pods . Today I was giving her a trim and noticed a almost mature seed coming out of a pod. WTF. The girl is a beauty but now it's going to be all seedy . I didnt see any balls or bananas. And not all the branches have swollen seed pods. Here are some pics would love to hear some thoughts on this
Probably just stray pollen from some neighbor. Let the seeds mature and save them — might be an interesting cross. I doubt there was enough pollination to ruin your crop.

Also, looks like it was preflower that was pollinated.

So far my other two girl are looking good. But to have a mature seed in second week of flower seems weird lol
I edited my post to add a comment — it was probably the preflower that was pollinated. That would explain how it is so mature compared to the rest of the plant. I’ve seen preflowers get pollinated on my plants.

Well that makes sense . So do you think the bud will be full of seeds
Nah, probably not. I guess it depends on your definition of “full.” I had a male packed right in next to a female last year, she ended up producing nothing but seed basically — which was fine, what I intended.

But that’s what I consider “full” of seed. A few seeds per cola is just genetic diversity you should take advantage of. I’m in the small minority of people (perhaps the only one) who think we might be fucking up the genetics of this plant by avoiding almost all sexual reproduction.

Do you really think the growers throughout history were very uptight about a few seeds in the flower? We’re skewing the biological process if we don’t allow some randomness in procreation.

Grandma’s been drinking, so here it goes: we basically trust a handful of breeders to perform a basic biological process for us, we pay retarded prices for the seed, and we’re not even 100 percent sure we’re getting what we pay for.

Do you know anyone has has run genetic tests proving their plant is actually GG#4? Do we have DNA tests that confirm what GG#4 even really is? I don’t mean to pick on that strain, as the same criticism could apply to any other.

Your absolutely correct, and I like the way you think. I will try to grow out the seeds I get from this little weirdo and see what comes out . The only reason Im worried about to much seed is because last summer's harvest was FULL of seed . I have another question that maybe you can help me with. Do you know why plants get this purple color. The ladies look healthy and the color goes away but I'm getting it on all 3 strains.

Attachments

• 20200818_094234.jpg
    20200818_094234.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • 20200818_094240.jpg
    20200818_094240.jpg
    976.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200818_094348.jpg
    20200818_094348.jpg
    894.7 KB · Views: 27
Your absolutely correct, and I like the way you think. I will try to grow out the seeds I get from this little weirdo and see what comes out . The only reason Im worried about to much seed is because last summer's harvest was FULL of seed . I have another question that maybe you can help me with. Do you know why plants get this purple color. The ladies look healthy and the color goes away but I'm getting it on all 3 strains.
Can’t say I’ve ever seen that before — maybe it’s just the plant’s coloration as it heads into flower. I have purpling on some of my leaves but it’s not quite that distinct.

As for the seed, sounds like you’ve got someone nearby who’s doing some breeding. They probably don’t realize how close you are.

I know that cannabis pollen has been found to travel across the mediterranean but realistically that type of distance isn’t going to meaningfully affect any one particular plant. More likely, it’s someone much closer. Might be a good idea to plant a hedge or create some kind of barrier, is the only thing I can think of.

So I have an outdoor girl?
White widow (canuk seeds I think)
Looks like its indica
7 gallon cloth pot
Coco coir(canna coco)
Week 2 of flower
Ph in 5.8- 5.9
Ec 1.7
Medione nutes
Cal mag
Bud candy
And big bud

Wow you learn something new all time. I haven’t come across a pollinated pre flower before lol. Plants are looking good too. Sounds like you def have someone near buy though who is breeding or is late to cull males if it happened last year and this year.

I wonder if they sell a product that will deter cross pollination? Most likely not but worth some research.

I live in the city. So no hemp farm . Would be nice if people were more considerate about their males.
LOL, welcome to agriculture. Not saying that in a dickish way, just acknowledging the ongoing issue of pollen trespass.

Huge conflicts over canola cross-pollination with other brassica crops, how that should be regulated. It’s a conundrum for sure. Turnips, radishes and canola grown for seed can totally fuck up chard and sugar beets grown for seed.

Huge conflicts over biotech crops pollinating organic and non-GMO relatives that command a premium. Who is responsible?

It’s pretty obvious we’re headed the same direction with hemp and marijuana regulation.

My neighbour didn't even know his single plant was a male.
But the distance hemp pollen can travel is pretty impressive. If it can cross the Mediterranean it can cross a city. I agree though, it's unlikely to be the cause.
Yeah I just got a text/picture the other day from a friend asking me “ is this a male”

lol the plant is 5 feet tall and balls all over it, how he missed it until this late on season with only 6 in his yard is beyond me haha.

Back
Top Bottom