• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anymonus10

Hello,

I am in the process of opening up a hydroponics shop. I went to look at a store front several times and noticed that there is a lot of police that come into the center to eat and even take radar (mostly eat). Do you guys think this will hurt business? any and all input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

If you live in a legal state. go for it cops wont do jack, although if it would be illegal for someone to grow cannabis in your state, I would look for a different location as I would never go to that specific store for grow equip, I'd just order it online, avoid the fuzz

If you live in a legal state. go for it cops wont do jack, although if it would be illegal for someone to grow cannabis in your state, I would look for a different location as I would never go to that specific store for grow equip, I'd just order it online, avoid the fuzz

Thanks for your time in reading and answering my question. I was thinking the same thing I just wanted to get more opinions.

I recently read in a Grow Guide somewhere as I've been reading for a month straight now, about all the things to "NOT DO" when you go to buy Hydro Equipment. One of the things they pointed out was how cops will set up shop on a Hydro Store write down license numbers and then trace that grower down to bust them later. Another person here in these Forums posted about having someone steal their grow because they listed their actual nickname and the city they live in, and somebody who knew them put took their grow and left a note laughing at them for it. The Guide also even pointed out how that kind of thing can happen with others looking to save a lot of money setting up outside of a Hydro store, and still they pointed out how law enforcement have even done a wire tap to track down those who called the Hydro store and go do raids... and they sited the case was going up to the Supreme Court for a ruling on it. All in all like the guy before me said, I'd rather buy online; not ship it to my own house and if I did go to a hydro store I'd take public transportation, call from a public phone, or take a friends car... Just being honest here.

I live 5-miles from a State border and out here its 90-miles to up into that other State to get to my nearest city to buy groceries and things because everything is so rural out here. Super Walmart is the best, groceries, gardening, automotive, etc... saves me lots of time since they are open 24/7 and gas to drive 180-miles round trip isn't cheap, so its an all day experience. Among all the things I'd buy once a month when I make the trip up there is a 50-lb bag of dog food and 20-50 lbs at most of soil as I had an entire indoor garden to purify my air, so I'd get some plant food and such things. Never any real amount, just enough to be able to repot plants as needed, or fill up a container that might have gotten spilled over by one of the dogs. Oh and I was paying cash every time, because they don't take out of State checks, and my bank so tiny didn't offer an ATM card.

I had my house raided 3-times in just two years! Because of "suspicious purchases" which turned out to be me crossing State lines, going to Walmart at night to shop, and buying soil and plant stuff with cash of all things. The painful lessons we sometimes learn, thankfully my experiences have helped others, but only a couple of years ago that city closed up the headshop making it illegal, and for the 10-days prior to them closing up they had the place under surveillance and told the owners that if they had any products on hand after the time expired they would be charged... All in all if there is one thing I've learned in all of this, if you question if something is a good idea, don't do it... if you think it sounds good on paper and in theory tread lightly with a big stick, and when you feel comfortable about something, stop and turn around! Because then you aren't being careful enough.

I just found a hydro store on the outskirts of a small town, less than 30,000, near my vacation home. This is in a very intolerant southern state. My online order for supplies got screwed up (thanx, Amazon.com) & will be delayed by a month. So I went to this hydro shop & found a very well stocked, large showroom with various displays of several systems in operation. They had several customers that were being helped by seemingly knowledgeable staff. I wandered around for a while & picked up a couple of items to germ & maintain some seedlings for a few weeks. Perhaps I'm a bit cynical, but I just can't believe their's enough indoor veggie growers around here to support this big of a business. But I felt no nor sensed anyone else feeling paranoid about being here.

I too am considering a grow shop, although Ohio is still a illegal state, change is coming with a vote for both Rec and Med in Nov 2015. Then it would be legal Jan 1, 2017. That is the target date I have placed on my grow shop. Cops can now watch and attack, not that they really care so much on Pot anymore but every dog has his day. I have been traveling though Michigan and the grow shops are doing very well especially around the bigger metro area's, Detroit, Flint, Grand Rapids and more. Michigan has Medical but no Rec. The businesses have flourished but when talking of my plan every owner has told me to wait until there is some kind of legal or you will not make it. I find the industry very exciting, shops owned by younger people but the main group of customers are "gray hairs", include me in that. I attended a class held one evening at a shop in Michigan, worried that I would be surrounded by kids, wrong, about 25 people attended with 20 my age or older. But with me entering a shop or two per week for a year I have never been questioned or pulled over at all, (knocking on wood).

Good luck on your venture. Yea, a documentary I saw on TV not long ago said since 1995 the segment experiencing the greatest increase in cannibas usage is us boomers. Who 'da ever thunk it??!!

Back
Top Bottom