Seeking News Hawks and Moderators

I would like to put in my 2 cents this evening, if I may. :)
I went through my neighborhood the other day, and picked up all the trash. About 4 miles worth of bend and stoop. Hard on me with my gluten issues and bad back. Went around today and snow shoveled for sick folks in my area, and my ex g/f, just to be nice. Back was killing me halfway through the first house. But I kept at it. And I will tell ya why.
Being a volunteer is exactly what some people need. They get joy and happiness out of spending their precious time to advance something, whatever it may be. I am one of those people. Do I like to get paid? Of course I do! I like to have toys just like everyone else! :) But do toys make me happy? Do they fill me with a peacefulness at the end of the day? No. Not really. I might be tired from riding my dirt bike, but that's not the same lol. But what really floats my boat is to be part of something, something that needs to be done. To be part of a team, and commit to a goal, and achieve that goal. That is why volunteers do it. They enjoy giving back, expecting no payment. They feel the satisfaction inside their soul, that's more than enough for them.
That's a broad brush to paint, but I hope it helps people understand a bit why volunteers, well, volunteer! :)

I would like to put in my 2 cents this evening, if I may. :)
I went through my neighborhood the other day, and picked up all the trash. About 4 miles worth of bend and stoop. Hard on me with my gluten issues and bad back. Went around today and snow shoveled for sick folks in my area, and my ex g/f, just to be nice. Back was killing me halfway through the first house. But I kept at it. And I will tell ya why.
Being a volunteer is exactly what some people need. They get joy and happiness out of spending their precious time to advance something, whatever it may be. I am one of those people. Do I like to get paid? Of course I do! I like to have toys just like everyone else! :) But do toys make me happy? Do they fill me with a peacefulness at the end of the day? No. Not really. I might be tired from riding my dirt bike, but that's not the same lol. But what really floats my boat is to be part of something, something that needs to be done. To be part of a team, and commit to a goal, and achieve that goal. That is why volunteers do it. They enjoy giving back, expecting no payment. They feel the satisfaction inside their soul, that's more than enough for them.
That's a broad brush to paint, but I hope it helps people understand a bit why volunteers, well, volunteer! :)

That was so great to see that JH was applying for News Hawk and then over at his name and he had already made it. Congrats JH :goodjob: Very inspirational :clap:

Back
Top Bottom