Servers Have Been Upgraded!

Founder
With the constant growth of more members and content arriving daily, we have maxed out our servers again and will be upgrading hardware tonight at midnight California time.

We should only be down for maybe an hour max.

Thanks for your patience and understanding during this upgrade.
:thanks:

Thanks for the notification. Hope everything goes smoothly with the upgrade.

Cool beans, Rob. ;)

Was that the reason for the recent downtime just now? The database is the heart of the operation as we know...gotta put all those posts somewhere--!

Cheers mate, :grinjoint:

-TL

EDIT: Guess you're still working on it - this post should've appeared directly below your '8am' one, not two posts back! Time travel--!

The time and date was off on the new web server, so there will be some posts that will be out of order for the next 12 hours or so until it all resolves. This could have been the issue for the crash, they are still looking into it. Even doubling the CPU didn't do the trick fully, so we are going to stage 2 to rebuild the entire configuration from scratch with a new operating system. Probably too much information for some, just letting you know we are still working around the clock to get the servers in top performance and do realize they have been sluggish lately. I think it's all software related on the web server. I'd imagine we will be done by the end of the coming week. Thanks for everyone's patience, understanding and support. :)

Those are always nice upgrades.

I can say that pages are loading much faster for me and its not bandwidth related. (Access to multiple gig-e uplinks and directly on Level3 and to 420magazine I am getting a 30ms response :grinjoint:)

So yea, as of this moment I can notice the upgrade but I will see once we get more people back on and logged in.

Does all of 420magazine run from a single server?

P.S. If you ever need to toss ideas etc, hit me with a pm. I do datacenter,enterprise,web-app,database,linux shit all day in a support and planning role. I have seen what works and what doesn't in regards to these environments. I might be able to help you pin point where the slow down is coming from.

Those are always nice upgrades.

I can say that pages are loading much faster for me and its not bandwidth related. (Access to multiple gig-e uplinks and directly on Level3 and to 420magazine I am getting a 30ms response :grinjoint:)

So yea, as of this moment I can notice the upgrade but I will see once we get more people back on and logged in.

Does all of 420magazine run from a single server?

P.S. If you ever need to toss ideas etc, hit me with a pm. I do datacenter,enterprise,web-app,database,linux shit all day in a support and planning role. I have seen what works and what doesn't in regards to these environments. I might be able to help you pin point where the slow down is coming from.

Just curious, was this a strictly hardware upgrade?

And if it was, did you just clone the drives? Swap the drives? or Did you have the new servers all setup and just rsync the data that was needed?

Also I was having a bug with the sign in page. If I click on something that requires me to be signed it I get forwarded to the login page but as soon as I click in the txt input box for 'username' I would get forwarded to a registration page asking for a Date-of-birth.

I didn't think much of it until the other day when I noticed it happened in both firefox and Google Chrome under Windows7 and Fedora12. Just fyi.

All we did was upgrade the motherboard and CPU, but there now seems to be an issue between our web and database servers, the techs are working on it as we speak.

I tried logging in yesterday from my BB and would get sent to the login page after entering username and pw. MOBO and CPU upgrade is more for the benefit of the app running on the server right?

We have to take the server down again to replace a hard drive, that seems to be the issue.

Sorry guys, almost done.

Another 15 minutes of down time, then we should be good to go. :)

It seems we are having hardware and software issues as well, so we are moving forward with replacing the entire configuration from scratch. This will take us some time, maybe a few days until we are fully done. Your patience and understanding during this time is greatly appreciated. ;)

Thanks for your support!

We could possibly have intermittent performance issues until the web server is completely replaced, however we will be up and running during this time.

The entire process should not take more than a few days.

When done, we should be 420% faster in all aspects! ;)

Thanks 420! You and your team seem to be giving 420% in an effort to keep things nice for the rest of us. I thank and commend all of you.

:thanks: - :passitleft:

Agent Green :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom