Sexing & trichomes? Maybe?

Darade

Hello. I'm here today with a couple of questions. I'm about 5 days into flowers, and I notice on my mixed sativa, one she's like quadrupled her height before I started. Anyways on the mixed sativa I think I've noticed pistols, but just want to be sure.

Screenshot_20210725-123548_Messenger.jpg

If you look close you can see those specs in the leaves. I was wondering if those are trichomes. She's also starting to smell absolutely lovely. These specs are on both plants and I did use neem before flipping.

Yes fan leaves get covered in trichs but we kinda ignore those - it’s the trichs on calyxes we look to for harvest cues. Old eyes, glasses and iPad make for bad combo - she is popping a few pistils but hard to tell if flower or just showing female gender. Either way should fuzz out with puff balls all over real soon but sometimes what we think are pistils are actually tiny fingers on fan leaves

anyway your girl looks great so far - keep her green!

I was thinking the same. Gonna have to wait to see if it gets some pistils, or not. Hopefully so. But if not no big deal I'm moving soon anyways. Was hoping I could harvest before then, but if that is a pollen sac, looks like I'm gonna be chopping. Q_Q

There's 1 on either side on the other bud site too. Still no pistils. I do notice they're kinda pointed. I'm hoping these are calyx, because I waisted quite a bit of nutes. I had no choice but to water, and feed again today, so cross my fingers.

I know the project was discontinued on my journal but I decided to keep them around for a little since I have 4 days, I decided to leave em up to document them. The balls that were found never changed except maybe get bigger. If you looked underneath the budsite however you would see pistils, I decided to get that plant out before pollen got places. The other plant was feminized and truly ended up female. I don't see what happened to the sativa for it to herm like that. Also why would the plant create pollen sacs so low, how would that reach the pistils on the stems above the sacs?
20210730_122202.jpg
20210730_122143.jpg

I know the project was discontinued on my journal but I decided to keep them around for a little since I have 4 days, I decided to leave em up to document them. The balls that were found never changed except maybe get bigger. If you looked underneath the budsite however you would see pistils, I decided to get that plant out before pollen got places. The other plant was feminized and truly ended up female. I don't see what happened to the sativa for it to herm like that. Also why would the plant create pollen sacs so low, how would that reach the pistils on the stems above the sacs?
20210730_122202.jpg
20210730_122143.jpg
Pollen floats in the air like smoke

Back
Top Bottom