Shasta County (Redding)

I am from Redding. Grew up there, but moved away about 6 years ago for a job. I belong to a collective in Redding though and there are ordinances that the county has adopted regarding mmj. You should be able to look those up on the County's website. I know several people that grow in the Redding area and none have been raided. I believe the number of plants allowed there is 12 in flower per recommendation at a time and a mother for cloning.

Redding has a population of around 90,000 so of course you will have law enforcement for the population. Having 70 plants may actually draw unwanted attention. The weather there is relatively mild so year round growing is very possible. The summers are very hot and long. Winters are mild, it will freeze, but they don't get snow very often and when it does snow, it all melts off within a day or so.

I am not sure what else you were wanting to know, but the "law" does not make marijuana a priority, so if you are following the ordinance regarding mmj, they will probably leave you alone.

If your going to need a job when you land make sure your dry. Almost all employers test upon hire in norcal (at least they advertise that they do). Some are bluffs, but why chance it.

My landlords wife described a Redding summer for me when i first moved there as (in a lovely latin accent) "3 months of HELL". hahah -Gets a little warm from Chico north to Redding. Climb up into the siskiyou, trinities, or lassen, for relief or pop out to Arcata and pick up some crunchies for fun along the way.

If you love hiking, exploring in general, caving, fishing, national parks, not to mention the some of the best growing (weather) conditions and bud in the world. Redding is pretty centralized place to be. Make sure you hitup Enterprise Disc Golf course if you do. (~)}]

Skilled Labor (electricians, plumbers etc)= Saturated.
Unskilled Jobs = Customer Service of one form or another, not much production/factory work. Having all your teeth is almost a guaranteed job in Redding also. JUST KIDDING!!! :tokin:

I used to work for Shasta County and they definitely test. It is almost like being booked, so, yeah..... be sure you take a break before you test if you plan on trying to get on with the County. I was just down there last weekend visiting the folks and Spring is there stuff has been blooming for about a month. By the end of April it will be really warm and it does not really cool off until the end of October. But, you are on I5 and about 1 hour away from cool temps, there is a bunch of places to swim in the Redding area. And you are about 3 1/2 hours from Arcata.

Back
Top Bottom