She is turnin on me...hermie

frostynugz

ok, been a huge fan of this site for quite a while now, and i am doing my first grow from bag seed. i call it my practice grow. planted a bunch of seeds on thanksgiving and i had a bunch sprout, some died along the way, some just showed slow growth yatta yatta yatta, out of 10, i decided to keep 4 of those. the largest/ healthiest ones of course. growing in a mix of sphagnum moss/perlite/dolomite lime/jiffy mix. works pretty well for me. it is in my closet with 150whps/ 2 27w 2700k cfl/ 1 27w 6500k cfl. made my own reflector using aluminum flashing 120v comp fan on one side and a 4" inline exhaust fan on other side(of reflector blowing air across bulb and being sucked out by the inline fan) got the light from a friend it is one of those security lights for the outside of a building, i took apart, removed socket, ran wires down to the socket which i mounted in my reflector. i mounted remainder of light on shelf above the grow area. i switched to 12/12 on 1 feb. i fim'd the plants a few weeks before switching. after switching, i found 3 males, one female. needless to say, i have one plant now. and i love her. this has so far been the most rewarding experience i have had. i named her pearl because it looked like she was being covered in pearls when her flowers began to form (the clumps of white hairs from a distance). anyway, she is doing great, had a banana here and there (2 total before today) they were on small lower buds, it was about a week ago, there were plenty of trichs on there, so i removed those little nugs, quick dried, toked, and suprisingly enough.....i was fucked up pretty good. thought it was too premature, but nay. it worked. glad i didnt just toss em. im new at this, so bear with me. well 2 days ago you would be hard pressed to find any hairs that have turned orange, today, there are many. which tells me she is begining to ripen. so, to what has me torn, and i hope someone can guide me through this one. i found more bananas today(male flowers). and they are located right atop one of the nicest buds. dead center. at least im pretty sure that is what they are, there are no hairs coming from them. my q's are: are these male parts? do i need to worry about these as i am approaching the end and i am having doubts that they will have enough time to release pollen, and seed my new best friend up. or should i snip them off carefully. or maybe someone has another idea. oh yeah, i stare at her for a LONG TIME every day, and have been on the lookout for these little peckers that want to bang my chick since i found those others, and was half expecting to have hermie problems since it was in fact bag seed. yesterday, these were not there, so i believe these bananas a very young still. thank you everyone in advance, and happy vibes, happy growing, happy life to all.
rsz_dsc01057.jpg

thanks afgooey!!! grabbin the tweezers right now. +reps for the speedy response!!:thanks:

gonna do my best to make one this weekend, have been taking pics for that reason, but gotta resize all of them, but i will get it up here soon:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom