Should I be topping or trimming?

Css1982

I stared doing the LST to my plant last night I have had good results so far and have branches now c omming up from the bottom and middle part of the plant should i be topping or trimming these branches to produce more bud sites
0f610e0c5c0c51364bc90ae7781d7aa1.jpg
66acc180bd09b787549069a842efb4a8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using 420

I like seeing what topping does. Keeps the plant nice and low, almost no halt in growth, and you have multiple main colas.

Don't want to cut healthy leaves unless it is going to produce more bud sites I think FIM is the technique I am looking for

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using 420

Also, more difficult to get right^.

Good luck on whatever, lmk how it turns out for you!
I'v'e yet to try to fim!

It's my first time growing, but on all 6 plants that I topped there was a 2-3 day slow down in growt but after that it was like nothing happened and the only outcome is extra tops. With a little LST on should be able to end up with 4 colas or more.

FIM seems to me like it would be a little easier to screw up if done late in veg. I think FIM would only truly work if you're planning on vegging for another 4 weeks or so. Just my .02. I don't know much. :thumb:

Worst case with fim is a topping if you screw it up. Topping gets two tips from
One. Fim gets 3-5 usually. So best case way better than topping, and worst case it IS topping.
It's easy too, just try it.

Good luck and keep up the good work :cool:

Can't really see that well with the picture, but I wouldn't worry about it! I tried FIM for the first time about a week ago, looked* similar to yours. Haven't updated my journal yet but 3/3 of the ladies I FIM'd are busting with 4+ tops. Growth is a little more stunted than expected but my babies are a little young as well.

:Namaste:

Morgan

Back
Top Bottom