Should I kill it?

kab9

This is a male right? Just want to double check with the experts before I do something drastic!

Ist time grow... 42 days since sprouting, one week into 12/12 under approx 200W (actual) of 2700K CFL. This is supposed to be G13 x Buddha, 75% Sativa, 25% Indica. Thanks for any help!
male40.JPG

:welcome: to 420

looks male~ish...
But, whats the hurry? do you need the space that bad?

I could use the space back to make room for the one female in the box... but mostly I was worried because I don't know how long I can wait before that bad boy causes trouble! Do you think it is safe to wait for a while? Like another week?

Thanks for your reply!

you have a while before it develops into anything that can be bad. It looks like a male in the making, but it's still fairly early to tell. Wait until you see the actual balls growing, then make your decision to chop. I had a plant last round look exactly like that and I thought it was male, then I waited a week and little pistils started forming and it was a strong lady through to the end.

Ok, great. I'll wait, and maybe post some more pictures in a few days. The other plant (I have only two...) is showing a couple of white hairs. Thanks.

good to hear you have at least one lady out of them. Crossing my fingers you get another man, killing males is hard to do since you spent so much time growing them. Thats why I clone so much now lol.

I have a couple more pictures, from 2 days after the first one. The balls you can see in the first picture are everywhere on the plant. I'm becoming very convinced this is a male:
ballz.png

The other plant, from the same batch of seeds, has none of these balls. Instead it has what I think are pistils beginning to appear all over. So far the hairs are tiny, and appear in pairs. I see two pistils in this pic:

hairs.png

Pretty sure I got a boy and a girl. :blunt:

Thanks SnowBender! I took one last pic, 'cause it's sooo damn pretty! Such a shame....
This is just about 6.5 weeks old, and though the camera angle makes it look taller, it is actually about 14" or 15" tall.

R-I-P.jpg

There is no shame in male plants, without them there would be no pot at all.

ah... Dude, you are so right. The girl don't look as healthy as that one, but now she will get even more light, and more TLC.

Males tend to grow faster and taller than females... that way they are ready to spread pollen above the ladies far before any chance of frost sets in.

many a new grower has found this out the hard way, after culling all the smaller plants, only to find the big ones are all males.

I may as well throw in a picture of the girl... Just watered and fed her some half strength nutes last night, and she is spreading out to fill the box. (17" x 32" ...don't know if it will be big enough?) There is now 360W actual of CFL, mostly 2700K, but with a little 6700K left in there to round out the spectrum. I think that's pretty good lighting... now 8 days into 12/12. I'm seeing more little white hairs, still very tiny. How's she look? :tokin:
kush45.JPG

Back
Top Bottom