Signs of Bud Rot - Should I chop now?

Dangerzone

Hi all, just a quick question..
I've got an auto Jock Horror that is, as the title says, showing isolated pockets of bud rot. I have carefully nipped the affected areas but the mould keeps reappearing. It makes small areas of bud look pale and deathly, and once set in, thick white mycelium(?) begins to show. My girl is in a 5gal pot of compost in the greenhouse/garden, day 70 of flowering, and was given up to 4ml Ionic Soil Bloom every other watering until she suffered nute lock-out (see pic! :oops: ) when I cut off the feed.
I'd rather have quality over quantity, but is there any way to stave off the dreaded rot for a couple more weeks? Or would you say I'd be better off pulling the roots now and saving what I've got?
Many thanks guys, I look forward to your suggestions!

Jock, day 70 of flowering
jh7.JPG

A plucked piece of rotting bud (the whiteness catches the light on the right so kinda hard to see properly)
rot6.JPG

*bump* Gonna give it 'til the end of the day to wait for replies, after that I'm gonna chop... Between mould and aphids this girl is a lot to handle!

Hey Exile, thanks for the warning! Fortunately the rot was isolated to just a couple of small sites so it was easy to cut away and leave the healthy buds. I've chopped the plant now though as I know how quickly mould can reduce a crop to waste, plus this girl had a bit of an aphid issue. Lots of bad weather this year so haven't had many ladybirds around :( It's a small crop, but at least it IS a crop :laugh:

Bud Rot...Powdery Mildew. or just plain old Botryitis the curse of many a grower and vinter, don't forget to wash down the grown room with 5% bleach solution to kill any remaining spores, install a correct venting and fan system, get a temperature and humidity scale, info counts on this deadly problem.

peace
"V"

Just do a bud wash mate, your girls will be fine. Bud washing
Follow that thread and all will be well

Back
Top Bottom