Silica consumption with QBs in coco

Slicknick909

Just coming off my final CMH/COB mix grow in dwc, after my water pump failing and SCE being unable to keep the power on reliably I've decided to ditch DWC and the battery powered emergency air pumps that come with it for me. I use the AN sensi grow/bloom nutes, with botanicare Cal mag plus, botanicare silica, AN big bud, voodoo juice, bud candy and flawless finish. My big question is; will my plants consume as much silica as they did under the CMH/COB mix in DWC (I was using about 2.5ml/gal in veg only). I primarily ask because I'm about out of silica and trying to decide on the size of replacement bottle

I always use the same whether in Hempy, DWC or soil

I wouldn't change what u do with additives, base nutes may change, but I always use the same amount of additives

And u didn't mention what yer changing to

Over! Under!

You'll use exactly how much you put in there..... So only you can know

Will there be any burn if I up the dosage? I'm not super well versed in silica, just starting using it a few grows ago in my final MH/HPS grow
I always use the same whether in Hempy, DWC or soil

I wouldn't change what u do with additives, base nutes may change, but I always use the same amount of additives

And u didn't mention what yer changing to
Ok cool, I more than doubled the dose when I went to the CMH/COB mix from MH/HPS under advisement from folks here on the forum with good results wondering if the same held true when going from CMH to QB or if there would be any reason to reduce the silica since I'm losing the high amount of UV/IR in the CMH.

The changes are only losing the DWC to coco coir and switching my light from the CMH/COB fixture to a QB fixture

Not sure silica can burn

It's primary for vigor in stems, and stalks, great in veg, when I use it

I go by manuf suggested usually on that, do I'd stick with that

Will there be any burn if I up the dosage? I'm not super well versed in silica, just starting using it a few grows ago in my final MH/HPS grow

Ok cool, I more than doubled the dose when I went to the CMH/COB mix from MH/HPS under advisement from folks here on the forum with good results wondering if the same held true when going from CMH to QB or if there would be any reason to reduce the silica since I'm losing the high amount of UV/IR in the CMH.

The changes are only losing the DWC to coco coir and switching my light from the CMH/COB fixture to a QB fixture

Your already feeding it at 2.5 times the rate I use so I guess not. Your environmental factors and nutrient EC are going to determine whether they burn or not.

the biggest difference your going to have is a vastly different root zone pressure so expect growth rates to slow slightly and node spacing to be smaller.

Your already feeding it at 2.5 times the rate I use so I guess not. Your environmental factors and nutrient EC are going to determine whether they burn or not.

the biggest difference your going to have is a vastly different root zone pressure so expect growth rates to slow slightly and node spacing to be smaller.

After looking through your journals and seeing your plants I'm going to cut back, I'm probably past the tipping point of it being beneficial vs being too much lol

In my experience with coco vs. DWC is the nute levels. I use less in coco than I do when I mix a res change for the dwc. Coco gets a full strength mix (at a lower ppm) hit daily where as DWC uses/depletes the mix over a period of time between res changes.

I would never see a need to go beyond what the manufacturer recommends unless the plants tell me otherwise. You can always add more if one shows a deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom