Silica in hydro

natureman

I am currently running a aeroponics system using cutting edge 3 part nutrients.
i am using silica in my grow as well.
Does anybody have any experience using it?
I refilled my reservoir today with half strength nutes and 5ml of silica per gallon of water.
The ppm's were pretty high,around 1,000.
I usually have ppm's around 400 to 600.
I had to drain some solution out and dilute it down to where the ppm's are now around 600.
These plants are still young,about two to three weeks old but they are growing fast.
I don't want to burn them so do I put in less silica and how often do I need to add it?

There are 2 types of silica, the most common is potassium silicate K20 - Si which is a highly alkaline solution which is a good PH up, and there is silicic acid which is a very weak alkaline which is refered to most commonly as bio silica which has very little effect on PH but if im not mistaken is a more expensive and readily available version of Silica for gardening.

I wouldnt not use either, and have tried both in the 3 years ive been gardening, so i wouldnt know the affects of not using them, but Ive never noticed anything to make me not use them, namley Shogun Silicon and Buddhas Tree Solar Green Power which are the 2 versions which I have used. I tend to reduce dosage in early flower to totally nothing by mid to late flower, but there is no way to overdose using either. It seems like good shit and have read nothing bad regarding either and have had no ill effects. I run 100% hydro clay/rockwool and never over fert or spike my girls, and still give them a 5 day flush, but i let them go a week longer than breeders recomendations, sometimes 2 weeks, while tapering feeds down and not starving. Always a beutiful clean finish and smoke. I always get compliments on how clean and enjoyable my flower is. Nothing better than a compliment on your cooking.:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom