Simple question I hope

Re: Simple question I hope. . .

Simply put, watts are how much elect. the light uses, lumens is the output (what the plant uses).
Different types of lights have different watt-to-lumen ratios. Flo's emit 75 lumens per watt, HPS emits 125 lumens per watt.
For that reason, HPS is the most econimical light you can use.
For optimum growth, you want at least 6,000 lumens per sq/ft.
Lumen output are printed on most bulbs or their packaging.

The older a light is, the less lumens it puts out. For this reason, most experienced growers replace their lights every year.

Thanks, This is my first time am 6 weeks into what's turning out to be half decent cab. My lumens are around 8010 from 4 cfl's and 2 circline tubes. I wanted to move to HPS but can't afford it this time around. Was trying to push up the light output for flowering with limited space and money.

Thanks again. . .Bagz

Have you had any luck flowering with those CFL's? I could add 2 more which would bump me up to 10610 lm. I'll probably do that this weekend. I'm not really too worried about temp, still between 73 - 75 degrees. This is my first real attempt and am suprised at how successful it's going so far and would like to continue to the end with CFL's. Thanks for the info. . . Bagz :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom